The New Forums

Draco18s

54 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

I had one to nuke an image out of someone's sig (I didn't mind signatures except that one image

Just for note, if/when we re-add signatures. The basic rule is don't be annoying with it, so reporting annoying signatures for review would be the way to go.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

12 minutes ago, LexManos said:

Just for note, if/when we re-add signatures. The basic rule is don't be annoying with it, so reporting annoying signatures for review would be the way to go.

It wasn't annoying enough for me to really bother reporting it. It wasn't particularly large, animated, or anything. It was just the only sig anyone on here had that had an image in it.  So it stuck out.

But duly noted.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Guest Mr. Flamegoat
49 minutes ago, LexManos said:

Yea that's the plan.

In regards to GM:

I'll check if there are known issues, but that's going to be a hard issue to justify tracking down only because GM is in itself fairly nasty. I would argue that a blank GM script shouldn't be doing any kind of injection until there's something to inject. Any kind of junk injected into global scope is an unknown.

If known issues are found, we can likely get them patched, if not I'll throw a notice up somewhere at the very least.

Edit: We use GM and TM for backend tools at CurseForge - I haven't noticed any issues myself on my dev env which has loads of strange and unfinished scripts. Haven't tested the blank one yet.

For reference, here's the script I have that's causing the problem:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Remove Chekov
// @namespace   minecraftforge.net
// @include     http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// @require     https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

//(function () {
	//alert($(".signature>img").length);
   // $(".signature>img").each(function(index) {
		//alert(index);
		//if($(this).attr("src") == "http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/61c89a9d73c284bda486afaeaf01cdb27180359b.jpg") {
			//alert("true");
			//$(this).attr("src","");
		//}
	//});
//})();

The commented functional code was done line by line to see what it was that was breaking stuff.  End result, even this broke things.  And its not even in global scope (that needs @grant unsafewindow, IIRC).

I've got GM 3.9 on Firefox 50.1.0

Oh, and question:

Site reputation obviously migrated over, but I don't see any controls to praise/smite people now.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Can you do something against these bots? It's the second day I've seen bots clutter the forums this week. AFAIK on the old forum software we had these Minecraft-related questions you had to answer before you're newly registering to the forums. Right now we just have the "I'm not a robot" captcha, which I believe isn't very effective.

Edited by SanAndreasP

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Actually noCAPTCHA is really pretty good.  reCAPTCHA was getting farmed out and they ran out of things computers couldn't recognize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCr6rNaZ9EU

The idea behind noCAPTCHA is that it uses telemetry data (such as how the mouse moves across the page) in order to determine bot / not bot, although I'll agree that the first "checkbox" click is less likely to get flagged as a bot than subsequent checks.

I use IE most of the time because Chrome spies on you WAY too much and Firefox just sucks lately.  Also, Edge is only for Windows 10 (which also spies on you and also sucks!).  According to this: https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=0&qpcustomd=0 IE still has almost 20% market share on the desktop.  If you don't care that the site does not render properly for 20% of your users, then I don't either.  I just noticed that no one else had pointed this out.  F-Me for trying to be helpful.

4 minutes ago, DesertDweller said:

I use IE most of the time because Chrome spies on you WAY too much and Firefox just sucks lately.  Also, Edge is only for Windows 10 (which also spies on you and also sucks!).

So your one of them? Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat! O.o

Seriously, if you ever developed any website ever, you'd know it is damn annoying to add support to IE because it doesn't follow the standards. Edge does it a lot better, Chrome and Firefox do follow them. It is unnecessary work to support IE.

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/