Using vanilla resources

Zgron

Hi I'm trying to make a kind of volcanic lava that will flow differently. To begin with I can't find the water block or lava block class to use extend from or use as a template or refernse point if that is how you implement fluids in forge and if someone could contribute to some informations about how to make fluids, that would be apprecited.

Anyway as the topic I would like to use the same texture that is used in vanilla minecraft for the lava block. However I've done some testing and thought that it would be fine using new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "lava_still") and just use the minecraft assets, but that don't seem to work and forge complains.

I don't want to copy the resources and put them in my own resource folder since I want it to take the same appearance as lava even if a resourcepack would be used.

Are there any simple way to do this or is it possible to copy the resources I want from the net/minecraft at initialization? In that case I'm unsure about the root folder.

Sorry for the late response. I found the problem. I was doing new ResourceLocation("minecraft", [resource path]); but i found that the first parameter is actually mod id. And I suppose minecraft ain't defined as a forge mod right? :P so I used new ResourceLocation("minecraft/[the rest of the path]");

Sorry for the late response. I found the problem. I was doing new ResourceLocation("minecraft", [resource path]); but i found that the first parameter is actually mod id. And I suppose minecraft ain't defined as a forge mod right? :P so I used new ResourceLocation("minecraft/[the rest of the path]");

HAHAHAaaaaa xD laugh of the night right there. good stuff *high five*.

I'll give some applause.