Need Help With New Server

TheCrappyGamer

I have set up some servers, yet people outside of my (despite having my router and firewall settings correct) home cannot connect to them. I was wondering if someone could help me. They are all Forge-modded, whitelisted servers. I have properly added their username to the whitelist. I am sure of the IP address and port number I'm using, I am sure the settings in my router for port forwarding and in my Windows Firewall config are correct. The only other thing I can think of is that my ISP is blocking me from hosting a game server (which is something that would be new as they generally allow home servers). I would like to totally eliminate all other possibilities, however.

I just need one person willing to help. The test server will be Minecraft 1.7.10 modded with Forge 10.13.1558, though on the test server I do not have any mods (since it's a connection test, I figure why bother).

I'm on Discord, Curse, Mumble, TeamSpeak and I have vent, even though I have no idea how to set it up.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I've been meaning to update this. Found the problem and I believe it's solved, but it's completely moot as I bought a hosted server (though for smaller private games I'll still self-host). The problem was ISP provided equipment whose settings even they couldn't change. I now have a fiber modem/network switch and do my own port forwarding.

27 minutes ago, TheCrappyGamer said:

Sorry, I've been meaning to update this. Found the problem and I believe it's solved, but it's completely moot as I bought a hosted server (though for smaller private games I'll still self-host). The problem was ISP provided equipment whose settings even they couldn't change. I now have a fiber modem/network switch and do my own port forwarding.

Great! Glad to hear it.