Forge crashes on startup; Minecraft 1.11

t3k9in3

Hi.

I see many other players also having issues with the latest release of forge, so I'm glad I'm not alone.

I am a Beginner in Java programming, and I am usually able to fix any forge crashes myself, but I am absolutely stunned because I can't figure out the issue here. I've never had a problem like this before. I've tried everything I could think of, so I'm using the forums as a last resort.

I recently reinstalled windows 7 for the umpteenth time on my laptop, which is when this issue started. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, just thought that could help.

I have read the EAQ and disabled the forge loading screen in splash.properties; however, forge ignores it, launches the loading screen anyways, creates a second splash.properties file and continues to crash.

Edit: forgot to add that vanilla version works fine, it's just with forge.

The crash report: http://pastebin.com/hVdCCiVm

screenshot of the crash:

8iUnxgX.png

I have a first generation integrated Intel® HD graphics card, which I've never had an issue with before. Sucky graphics card, but I'm (usually) able to run 30 mods at a time without issues.

- Tried updating; unfortunately it's too outdated or it's just too stupid.

- Went to intel directly to download the latest version which was released in February 2013, but ofc it didn't work lol.

Memory

- tried allocating 2gb. still nothing.

-tried 3gb. nothing.

I have the latest update of Java - Update 8.0.1_111

- tried rolling back to update 8.0.1_51

- tried rolling back to Java 7

UAC

- tried creating a new user account, still doesn't work.

Forge

- was updated to latest release, didn't work.

- rolled back to previous versions; tried several (deleted all previous installation files to ensure no conflicts) previous 13.19.1 updates, none worked.

Mods

this is not a modding issue. i've run forge by itself and it still crashes.

(all mods were also updated to latest releases)

I use worldedit as an experiment, i've tried it without worldedit and without optifine. still nothing.

I've done a few other things as well but my memory fails me atm.

Any help is so greatly appreciated xo

Thank you!!

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Roiemen said:

I am sorry but can you elaborate what did you do to fix the current issue? I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOURS. Please explain i am dying to know the cure for this painful problem.

.minecraft folder > config > double click "splash.properties" > change "true" to "false" for the configurations bolded in red (see spoiler below). SAVE the file- make sure it saves as a properties file, not a .txt file.  If it does save as a .txt file, just rename the file to splash.properties. save it. it'll prompt you. click yes. 

Spoiler

#Splash screen properties
#Fri Mar 03 11:22:38 EST 2017
logoTexture=textures/gui/title/mojang.png
background=0xFFFFFF
memoryGood=0x78CB34
font=0x0
barBackground=0xFFFFFF
barBorder=0xC0C0C0
memoryLow=0xE42F2F
rotate=true
memoryWarn=0xE6E84A
showMemory=true
bar=0xCB3D35

enabled=true
resourcePackPath=resources
logoOffset=0
forgeTexture=fml\:textures/gui/forge.png
fontTexture=textures/font/ascii.png

For some odd reason, the newer forge versions have a really horrible garbage collecting issue. hope this helps.

Edited by t3k9in3

1 hour ago, Roiemen said:

Thanks but for some reason changing enabled=true into false just worked for me.I wonder what was the main cause of the problem

Some GPUs don't work well with the loading screen, especially the Intel integrated GPUs.

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

16 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

Some GPUs don't work well with the loading screen, especially the Intel integrated GPUs.

wordddd.

I'm running on a 6 year old gateway notebook w/ a first gen corei3 & a first gen intel hd graphics. (-:

thank god i'm a technician or i'd be w/o a laptop. #justabrokecollegekid

You don't have to change all the settings, just enabled, that being false disables the entire thing. 

As for whats wrong, a few drivers don't like multi-threaded graphics access. And just dies instead of throwing something useful we can catch and recover from.

The loading screen is optional, and is just a nice progress screen instead of a blank window. It's not needed, so disabling it is fine if you have issues.

Also, don't necro old threads.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon