[1.10.2] Help with Custom Armor from Blender

dwinget2008

I have been looking around for a few days now and can't find anything on using .obj files from blender for custom armor in minecraft 1.10.2.

I have seen tutorials on items and blocks, but if anyone can point me in the right direction for armors that would be great.

Thanks for your thoughts and time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming by the utter lack of responses that this either hasn't, or can't be done or no one that knows want to share information. Thanks for reading anyway. Maybe someday in the future this kind of thing will be easier and we will see cool armor models in Minecraft

You will have to render it yourself from what I know, you will either need to create a custom OBJ loader and renderer, or use a OBJ loader and create a custom renderer for it.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I am assuming by the utter lack of responses that this either hasn't, or can't be done or no one that knows want to share information. Thanks for reading anyway. Maybe someday in the future this kind of thing will be easier and we will see cool armor models in Minecraft

You will have to render it yourself from what I know, you will either need to create a custom OBJ loader and renderer, or use a OBJ loader and create a custom renderer for it.

Ok, I have been trying that. The problem is that I am a C# Developer by profession and I have little knowledge of rendering anything. I am used to HTML and rendering things in a Web Application. Do you have any thoughts on where I can look to learn more about creating OBJ Loaders and Renderers?

• 4 months later...