gradlew build hangs at 82% retromapReplacedMain

tomatheb

Hello, I am currently trying to build a new version of a mod, but every time I try (using 'gradlew clean build') it hangs indefinitely at 82% ':retromapReplacedMain'. I am trying to build the project that can be found here.

The debug logs can be found here.

I have searched online for about 3 days for a solution and found nothing that worked, so I figured asking was now justified. Sorry if the answer is staring me in the face.

Why are you calling

gradlew clean

? It clears the cache, which you probably don't want. Just calling

gradlew build

will suffice.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

The issue persists even when I don't run clean. I do it just in case there is any cache issues that might be causing/adding to the issue, or in case the issue leaves behind any problems. I don't know quite how resistant gradle is to having jobs interrupted mid-action.

• 3 weeks later...

In the (apparent) absence of anyone who knows how to solve this problem, is anyone able to point me towards some tips in order to work out what is causing the problem? Are there any additional debugging steps that I can take to, for example, narrow it down to a particular class causing the issue? I have tried looking at the debug logs posted above, but am unable to discern any information regarding the issue.

• 1 month later...

Sort of...

I found that after aborting the operation there was a .jar in the output directory that looked good. I tested it thoroughly and it worked, but I am unsure if there are any hidden problems that may surface later. Use at your own risk?

Its not ideal, but it works (for now). I hope they find the cause of this issue and I am happy to help them in any way I can.

I hope that helps. :-\

That did help, but I've since found a more reliable solution (thanks Greymirk!)

in your build.gradle, in the minecraft {} section, add "

makeObfSourceJar = false

"

So, mine looks like this:

minecraft {
    version = "1.11.2-13.20.0.2216"
    runDir = "run"
mappings = "snapshot_20170120"
makeObfSourceJar = false
}

Now, if you needed the obfuscated source JAR this isn't going to help you. But if you DIDN'T (and I don't even know what that's for, so I don't) this will make the problem go away.

• Thanks 1

I had same issue before and found solution from this post: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=42150.msg223961#msg223961

If there are some class file contain NO IMPORT and 3+ BLANK LINES at the end of file, then the building will fail or just hang at 82% retromapReplacedMain.

You can find what class file the building is hanging at by log file:

(mod working folder)/build/taskLogs/retromapReplacedMain.log

In my experience, it happens in forge 1.10.2#?~2221, but forge 1.7.10 is working fine.