Removeing Block and Tile Entity not working?

ScottehBoeh

I've created a block "campfire" that should remove itself after a certain amount of times (As explained in the code below). However. Upon being removed and set to air, the tile entity still exists invisibly and prevents the player from walking through that air block. (As if it didn't actually set the block to air).

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public void randomDisplayTick(World world, int x, int y, int z, Random random) {

++ticksExisted;

if (ticksExisted >= 100) {

world.removeTileEntity(x, y, z);

world.setBlockToAir(x, y, z);

world.notifyBlockChange(x, y, z, Blocks.air);

}

}

Could it be because its Client-side only? Should I create a new method that deletes the block instead of using randomDisplayTick?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • https://mclo.gs/iVJZfGm https://privatebin.net/?442243857e9dcaca#5MhV8JAuhNJnN587jbG2pcVQi8VnvgAVafmpAd6Gnv91
    • So im making a mod for minecraft and i want to add custom fishing rods... aka fishing rods with different bait, depending on the bait you can have a higher chance of getting other fish. I want to make basically custom fishing rods with at least one custom loot table for each (so that i can choose which fish have a higher chance of being caught in a simpler way with said loot table) Problem is i dont know even where to start with doing this, like at all. Im very beginner with modding minecraft, any help (links to any source which could help me with this is also very helpful) would be great. 1.20 forge(of course)
    • Hi, my name is Gatis. Mostly all I do is play minecraft on Hypixel server. I play Skyblock where almost every player has installed QOL mods. They are nice and work nice but recently the grind I'm on requires not wasting time on boosts and if I'm watching something I usually miss it. Let me explain better. So there is "Mining speed boost" when it's ready message appears in chat. Mod I've been using allows to copy chat message, paste it in mod and next time same message appears it flashes big notification message on screen that speed boost is ready. The thing is somehow I still miss the notification. SO, I want to create mod that can detect that message and make more noticable notification (ex. bigger) or even stop me from moving for 10 sec if I don't use it instantly. I have no knowledge about java I have prepared intellij with forge on 1.8.9 I'm just left with this:                 package com.example.examplemod;                  import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;                import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;                import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;                import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;                 @Mod(modid = ExampleMod.MODID, version = ExampleMod.VERSION)               public class GatisMOD              {                           public static final String MODID = "GatisMOD"; \                           public static final String VERSION = "1.0";                            @EventHandler                          public void init(FMLInitializationEvent event)                          {                                      // some example code                                      System.out.println("DIRT BLOCK >> "+Blocks.dirt.getUnlocalizedName());                          } }     I've watched many video, mostly they show how to setup everything but how to create, prepare file and later (export I guess) export to import in mods folder to use they don't I'd appreciate any help, maybe someone would explain some things to me. In future I have plans to make other feature but I guess not for now.
    • I don't think embeddium and rubidium can be used together. Try removing one of them.
    • I have been attempting to troubleshoot my personal modpack created on Curseforge for 1.18.2 Forge but I keep getting the Exit Code: 1 crash upon launching the game. When I open the debug.log I find the error for "Duplicate mods found" which simply isn't the case as there isn't a single mod with the same name. Most files are for the correct version as far as I can tell so I think there may be mods that are conflicting and the game is confusing them as "Duplicates". (Or I simply didn't check the versions correctly. Debug.log file paste: https://paste.ee/p/pQwZo#s=0 I don't normally frequent forums and don't normally ask for help online but guidance would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any other info needed  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.