[1.10.2][SOLVED] Teleport to the players spawn point

MCrafterzz

I want players to teleport to there spawn point this is the code I've use (it crashes with a null Point exception):

@Override

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entityIn) {

if (entityIn instanceof EntityLivingBase) {

EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) entityIn;

entityIn.setPosition(player.getBedSpawnLocation(worldIn, player.getBedLocation(), false).getX(),

player.getBedSpawnLocation(worldIn, player.getBedLocation(), false).getY(),

player.getBedSpawnLocation(worldIn, player.getBedLocation(), false).getZ());

entityIn.playSound(SoundEvents.ENTITY_ENDERPEARL_THROW, 0.5f, 0.5f);

worldIn.spawnParticle(EnumParticleTypes.PORTAL, entityIn.getPosition().getX(),

entityIn.getPosition().getY(), entityIn.getPosition().getZ(), 0, 0, 10, 0);

}

}

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You create an instance of EntityPlayer, but you check if the Entity is an instanceof EntityLivingBase...

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Updated code:

@Override

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entityIn) {

if (entityIn instanceof EntityPlayer) {

BlockPos spawnPosition = player.getBedLocation();

entityIn.setPosition(spawnPosition.getX(), spawnPosition.getY(), spawnPosition.getZ());

} else {

entityIn.setPosition(worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getX(), worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getY(),

worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getZ());

}

}

}

You create an instance of EntityPlayer, but you check if the Entity is an instanceof EntityLivingBase...

While this is true it wouldn't produce NPE, but CCE.

Question is - what is null there? My bet is on #getBedSpawnLocation. Also - this method might be called on both sides - it is worth checking that and place proper server side-check if that is a case (maybe its null on client and present on server and client is crashing?).

If you can't figure it out - please say at which line it crashes.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Changed to:

@Override

@SideOnly(Side.SERVER)

entityIn.setPosition(spawnPosition.getX(), spawnPosition.getY(), spawnPosition.getZ());

} else {

entityIn.setPosition(worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getX(), worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getY(),

}

}

}

What if this code is going to be run in a SinglePlayer world wouldn't it crash because the method doesn't exist

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Are you talking about in the case of

@SideOnly

?

If so: no, because the method is never directly referred to, Minecraft only refers to the overridden method (the one in Block). It would simply not work in SinglePlayer.

If not: Please clarify.

Well you were correct so it won't crash, but it won't work. That just changes the reason to not use it. Unless the OP wants it to only work on a dedicated server.

This is how the codes looks like now:

@Override

if (!worldIn.isRemote) {

} else {

}

}

}

}

Yes,

@SideOnly

should not be used (unless you really know what you are doing). Which is why I linked both an article called "Why not to use

@SideOnly

" and a tutorial about the concept of sides in Minecraft.

Yes I understood what they do, but once I get some sleep and my brain is working "better" than it is currently I will read all of what you posted to understand it better. Thank you again diesieben.

This is how the codes looks like now:

@Override
	if (!worldIn.isRemote) {
			} else {
			}
		}
	}
}

Can I assume it is still not working? Also if your code for the TeleportCommand is not "readable" then you should update forge to its most recent version and see if it is readable then.

I have removed one of the instanceof checks:

@Override

if (!worldIn.isRemote) {

} else {

}

}

}

But I still don't know how to use the commandteleport code

Changed it to this:

@Override

if (!worldIn.isRemote) {

((EntityPlayerMP) entityIn).connection.setPlayerLocation(spawnPosition.getX(), spawnPosition.getY(),

spawnPosition.getZ(), player.getRotationYawHead(), player.getRotationYawHead());

} else {

((EntityPlayerMP) entityIn).connection.setPlayerLocation(worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getX(),

worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getY(), worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getZ(), entityIn.getRotationYawHead(),

entityIn.getRotationYawHead());

}

}

}

Testing now

New error:

http://pastebin.com/TTrPzcdC

Line 39(errored line):

((EntityPlayerMP) entityIn).connection.setPlayerLocation(worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getX(),

worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getY(), worldIn.getSpawnPoint().getZ(), entityIn.getRotationYawHead(),

Why are you casting the entity to an EntityPlayer if it is not an instanceof EntityPlayer

}

So the way you have it set for the player will work however as far as I can tell onEntityCollidedWithBlock doesn't get called for Item Entities.