[LFW] ILASM/C-Family Coder and artist looking for something...

HellSinker74

I'm not completely indignant to Java, I at least know how to RTFM, and it is pretty familiar with high level C# in a lot or respects, I've spent a week or more in this latest episode browsing the latest forge(s), and getting familiar with Gradle(w). Quite happy to work with open sources, I find them better for mods anyways...

So the short story is this; I'm looking for a project to get on board with while I get familiar with things, and I have a few longer term goals of my own.

A longer version is not really needed, but I'll give it anyway...

I've been playing and modding on and off Minecraft since about 1.6.4, I've never really done anything too exciting with it, since most of the time was spent learning Java and the Forge API (and before that, Bukkit); I got Java down now, or at the least it's syntax, this does not mean I'm totally familiar with the huge masses of code on Maven or other repositories... my hat goes off to anyone who makes that claim. I've only just recently touched down on gradle, it makes things much easier, and I'm also pretty sure I got what it takes to tackle Forge 1.10.2#2007...

So rather than charge blindly into the fray screaming a deafening war cry at all the other moders, I'm just curiously asking if there are any projects in particular that need help, I have a certain amount of time I can dedicate, as an illness in my family is preventing quite a few things for the next couple of months. Certainly I will be giving priority to any requests which are (a) popular, or (b) interesting to me. All of this said, I do have my own agenda, but really would like some contacts in the MC/Forge modding scene, and whatever the outcome of this post, even if I have to filter some requests, I would still like to stay in contact with whomever wants/replies to this post.

I'm 41, and have been involved in several modding projects in the past, from NWN 1 + 2, through to a lot of other little mods in quite a few places not just limited to Skyrim, which I also messed around with. I do limited graphics, enough to warrant me owning a Wacom Intuos Pro art tablet, as well as enough art packages to use it, I also from time to time compose music for fun, but it is not of enough quality to really put out there...

I have a small linux server with root access, it's so small it won't really run minecraft, but makes a decent git repo + apache2 web page... I'm thinking thats about all I want to disclose atm, but if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask :)

I think the question really is what suits your fancy? Sounds like you have a portfolio to tout so getting in on a project as a code monkey won't be too much of a challenge, and as far as pure ideas go there's a huge dumping ground on Curse's minecraft forum. It's more hinged on what you're good at, and what you're interested in doing. Hell if you're up for it you can bash out a few PR's to forge's git and build up forge itself. As far as contacts go, if you're interested the IRC has a few hours a day when it's full of traffic.

I think its my java of the variables.