Future of Forge Wiki

ShooShoSha

What is the point of the wiki at this point? The database has been locked preventing any edits. Despite the fact the Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension was removed, which probably improved the performance, no content has been added or edit since May 2015! There are pages that reveal the syntax for SMW rendering as plaintext.

I was excited that the SMW extension was removed; it overcomplicated many pages. I planned on editing the unparsed syntax out, but am unable now.

What direction is the wiki going? Is a new one under development? Are we keeping it archived indefinitely? Will it be removed entirely?

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code

The wiki is for archival purposes only at this point.

It will eventually be deleted all together.

It's not worth the effort of maintaining on our end.

If you want to help submit documentation go do it at https://github.com/MinecraftForge/Documentation

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

That is unfortunate news. Will the new documentation site be able to showcase full-fledge example code? What about the references to the wiki (https://github.com/MinecraftForge/Documentation/blob/master/docs/styleguide.md) for "more comprehensive code examples"?

Just out of curiosity, what sort of maintenance problems were you facing?

That's what I figured based on what's currently documented. I still have some questions concerning ReadTheDocs, but this topic is not the place.

Thanks for answering my questions about the wiki.