[1.9 to 1.9.4] Problem updating Forge

American2050

So I have a project I was working on Forge for Minecraft 1.9 and now I changed to 1.9.4

I do this by changing the version on the gradlew.build file. This line:

minecraft {
    version = "1.9.4-12.17.0.1932-1.9.4"

Then on the cmd I do. gradlew clean, then gradlew setupDecompWorkspace and finally gradlew eclipse

Everything goes ok and when I build my mod it builds it ok apparently, because it does works on 1.9.4 but not in 1.9 when I try it on MultiMC

However, and here is the problem, when I run Minecraft from inside Eclipse, it's still running the old 1.9 version with Forge 12.16.0.1865

Is there anything I'm missing, or I should just create a new working folder for my 1.9.4 updates?

Thanks a lot for the help with this.

Try using this instead  "version = "1.9.4-12.17.0.1932"

From Gradlew do --refresh-dependencies, then setupDecompWorkSpace

If that does not work DL the MDK for that version file and run the the setupDecompWorkSpace in there. Also read the change notes and make sure the mappings snapshot has not changed between the version used in 1.9 and 1.9.4.

Typically If there is big jump in build numbers between my last update, I DL the latest MDK, and compare my current build.gradle with the one provided by forge. I look for three main things, the gradle.forge version, the mappings used, and the forge version. Sometimes the version format changes for some reason that I think cpw recently fixed:  that is "1.9.4-12.17.0.1932" vs "1.9.4-12.17.0.1932-1.9.4"