[1.8.9]How to render custom pressure plate

caroke

Hello, i need your help again,

I have made a custom pressure plate but i dont know how to add a render and i can't find anything that could help me.

Here is my class:

public class BlockClearInventory extends BlockPressurePlate
{
    public static final PropertyBool POWERED = PropertyBool.create("powered");
    private final BlocClearInventory.Sensitivity sensitivity;

protected BlockClearInventory()
    {
        super(Material.wood,BlockPressurePlate.Sensitivity.MOBS);
        this.setDefaultState(this.blockState.getBaseState().withProperty(POWERED, Boolean.valueOf(false)));
        this.sensitivity = BlockClearInventory.Sensitivity.MOBS;
        setUnlocalizedName("plate_clear_inventory");
setCreativeTab(BlockList.creativeTabBlock);
        GameRegistry.registerBlock(this,this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));
LanguageRegistry.addName(this, "Vide inventaire");
    }

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entityIn)
    {
        if (!worldIn.isRemote)
        {
            int i = this.getRedstoneStrength(state);

if (i == 0)
            {
            	if(entityIn instanceof EntityPlayer){
            		((EntityPlayer) entityIn).inventory.clear();
            	}
                this.updateState(worldIn, pos, state, i);
            }
        }
    }

public void registerRenders(){
	Item item =  Item.getItemFromBlock(this);
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":"+item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));
}
}

I also have the 3 json file in the right assets.

So if someone could give me some tips because i'm stuck right now, i would appreciate it.

Sorry about my english :)

Hello, i need your help again,

I have made a custom pressure plate but i dont know how to add a render and i can't find anything that could help me.

Here is my class:

public class BlockClearInventory extends BlockPressurePlate
{

protected BlockClearInventory()
    {
        super(Material.wood,BlockPressurePlate.Sensitivity.MOBS);
        this.setDefaultState(this.blockState.getBaseState().withProperty(POWERED, Boolean.valueOf(false)));
        this.sensitivity = BlockClearInventory.Sensitivity.MOBS;
        setUnlocalizedName("plate_clear_inventory");
        GameRegistry.registerBlock(this,this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));
    }

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Entity entityIn)
    {
        if (!worldIn.isRemote)
        {

if (i == 0)
            {
            	}
            }
        }
    }

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":"+item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));
}
}

I also have the 3 json file in the right assets.

So if someone could give me some tips because i'm stuck right now, i would appreciate it.

Sorry about my english :)

Don't register your renderers there.  You must do it in your client proxy or you will crash the dedicated server.

Do not use

item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)

this is awful awful awful, should never be done, and if you got it from a tutorial, go punch that person in the face for being an idiot.  This is why

setRegistryName

and

getRegistryName

exist.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Don't register your renderers there.  You must do it in your client proxy or you will crash the dedicated server.

Do not use

item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)

this is awful awful awful, should never be done, and if you got it from a tutorial, go punch that person in the face for being an idiot.  This is why

setRegistryName

and

getRegistryName

exist.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Where is the class "BlocClearInventory"?

Doesn't your parent class already have a PropertyBool POWERED?

And a sensitivity? You don't use yours; why is it there?

If you need help rendering, then start by posting your JSON files. Depending on what you want to do, you might be able to use vanilla models and textures.

The mesher is deprecated. Search for past discussions on what to use instead.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Where is the class "BlocClearInventory"?

Doesn't your parent class already have a PropertyBool POWERED?

And a sensitivity? You don't use yours; why is it there?

If you need help rendering, then start by posting your JSON files. Depending on what you want to do, you might be able to use vanilla models and textures.

The mesher is deprecated. Search for past discussions on what to use instead.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

I didnt know about setRegistryName and getRegistryName, i will use it thx

I call registerRender in the client proxy is this wrong?

My bad i send the wrong block code.

This class is just a copy of BlockPressurePlate class:

public class BlocClearInventory extends BlockBasePressurePlate
{

protected BlocClearInventory()
    {
        super(Material.wood);
        this.sensitivity = BlocClearInventory.Sensitivity.MOBS;
        setRegistryName("plate_clear_inventory");
register();
    }

protected int getRedstoneStrength(IBlockState state)
    {
        return ((Boolean)state.getValue(POWERED)).booleanValue() ? 15 : 0;
    }

protected IBlockState setRedstoneStrength(IBlockState state, int strength)
    {
        return state.withProperty(POWERED, Boolean.valueOf(strength > 0));
    }

protected int computeRedstoneStrength(World worldIn, BlockPos pos)
    {
        AxisAlignedBB axisalignedbb = this.getSensitiveAABB(pos);
        List <? extends Entity > list;

switch (this.sensitivity)
        {
            case EVERYTHING:
                list = worldIn.getEntitiesWithinAABBExcludingEntity((Entity)null, axisalignedbb);
                break;
            case MOBS:
                list = worldIn.<Entity>getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityLivingBase.class, axisalignedbb);
                break;
            default:
                return 0;
        }

if (!list.isEmpty())
        {
            for (Entity entity : list)
            {
                if (!entity.doesEntityNotTriggerPressurePlate())
                {
                    return 15;
                }
            }
        }

return 0;
    }

/**
     * Convert the given metadata into a BlockState for this Block
     */
    public IBlockState getStateFromMeta(int meta)
    {
        return this.getDefaultState().withProperty(POWERED, Boolean.valueOf(meta == 1));
    }

/**
     * Convert the BlockState into the correct metadata value
     */
    public int getMetaFromState(IBlockState state)
    {
        return ((Boolean)state.getValue(POWERED)).booleanValue() ? 1 : 0;
    }

protected BlockState createBlockState()
    {
        return new BlockState(this, new IProperty[] {POWERED});
    }

public static enum Sensitivity
    {
        EVERYTHING,
        MOBS;
    }

{
        if (!worldIn.isRemote)
        {

if (i == 0)
            {
            	}
            }
        }
    }

@Override
    public boolean isOpaqueCube() {
    	return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean isFullCube() {
    	return false;
    }

public void register(){
        GameRegistry.registerBlock(this,this.getRegistryName());
    }

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MODID+":"+item.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));
}

the other one was just a test.

Here are the json file:

blockstates:
{
    "variants": {
        "normal": { "model": "mod:plate_clear_inventory"}
    }
}

models.block:

{
    "parent": "block/pressure_plate",
    "textures": {
        "particle": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "down":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "up":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "north":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "east":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "south":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory",
        "west":"mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory"
    }
}

models.item:

{
    "parents": "mod:block/plate_clear_inventory",
    "elements": [
        {   "from": [ 1, 0, 1 ],
            "to": [ 15, 1, 15 ],
            "faces": {
                "down":  { "uv": [ 1,  1, 15, 15 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory", "cullface": "down" },
                "up":    { "uv": [ 1,  1, 15, 15 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory" },
                "north": { "uv": [ 1, 15, 15, 16 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory" },
                "south": { "uv": [ 1, 15, 15, 16 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory" },
                "west":  { "uv": [ 1, 15, 15, 16 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory" },
                "east":  { "uv": [ 1, 15, 15, 16 ], "texture": "mod:blocks/plate_clear_inventory" }
            }
        }
    ]
}

Right now, there is no render in game. i think my json file are wrong but i cant find any example even in minecraft file, i can't understand how they did it.

plate_clear_inventory.png is just a 16*16 image.

here are some error when i launch the game:

[09:39:14] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location mod:plate_clear_inventory#powered=false not found
[09:39:14] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location mod:plate_clear_inventory#powered=true not found

well thanks to your link, I can make a pressure plate texture but still doesnt work on my block

I have try to create a new one who only extends Block and it work but i need to have same properties as pressure plate, i will keep trying some stuff and see if it want to work.

Your blockstates file must include every possible variant of the block, i.e. every combination of property values. Your pressure plate has a single property called

powered

with two possible values (

true

and

false

), so you need a variant called

powered=false

and one called

powered=true

This page introduces blockstates files.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I call registerRender in the client proxy is this wrong?

Yes.  Because you have a common class (

BlocClearInventory

) that contains sided code (

registerRenders

references

Minecraft.getMinecraft()

).

As soon as the server reads your block class from the disk, it needs to make sure that the class is valid code.  This includes loading every class referenced by your class.  This means that it will then attempt to load the

Minecraft

class, which won't exist.

This is not a question of "where is it called from."  This is a question of "does the code exist."  Your class contains CLIENT SIDE ONLY code.  The mere existence of that code crashes the dedicated server, even if you never call the function from anywhere ever.

This is why the

registerRenders

code must be moved out of the block class and into the ClientProxy.