Help Finding or Creating a Simple Magical Attack

sylariel

Salutations! I was just wondering if anyone knows of a mod or would perhaps be able to share any insight as to making a very simple magic mod.

I really want to play as a spellcaster with a pretty isolated tower and such but I enjoy this game for the building and the simpler calming feeling it gives me so I would rather like to avoid big overhauls or that sort of thing if I can. What I am seeking is a sort of magical ranged attack modification, even if it is just a bow with the appearance of a magical missile or such thing.

I would not mind a larger magical mod perhaps one with a few nice utility spells, teleporting or the like but i do not require such things. I have just not been able to find anything so far as all the magic mods i have looked at have been very large with many steps and things to find. Certainly that is nice and fun sounding but I am not a very clever person so I fear most of them are quite beyond my depth.

If I could replace the graphics of the bow with a spell and change arrows to magical charges or something that would be very good.

Would such a thing be doable for somebody not very good at such things or is it a difficult thing to modify?

• 2 weeks later...

I am making a simple resource pack that changes the bow texture (for now, once I have time I will add texture for arrows and change the sound), asap I will post a link here.

Edit: Here is just with textures, foi before 1.9: http://adf.ly/1a0Wia for 1.9 or greater: http://adf.ly/1a0Wsa

Just put on your minecraft resources folder.

Creating Potatium Craft, please wait.

For a better (and yet poor explanation of my WIP mod, go to: Potatium Craft Overview )