[1.7.10] Check if block is fluid source block

grand_mind1

I want to check if a block at a given position in the world is a full (source) block of fluid or if it is flowing. I thought I could simply check if the block is Blocks.flowing_water or Blocks.flowing_lava, but I must be misunderstanding something because every water block on screen in this screenshot is reported as BlockStaticLiquid rather than BlockDynamicLiquid. As a side question, would it be any different for forge fluid blocks compared to vanilla liquids?

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't include the screenshot :D

http://i.imgur.com/fgDIjVG.png

For

BlockLiquid

, metadata 0 is a source block.

Forge's Fluid system doesn't specify that fluids must have a source block (

BlockFluidClassic

does, but

BlockFluidFinite

doesn't) , but

IFluidBlock#drain

should return a

FluidStack

with

FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME

as the amount if a bucket can be filled from the block. Make sure you call

IFluidBlock#canDrain

first and call

IFluidBlock#drain

with

false

as the

doDrain

argument.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

(That process is important, as meta:0 for infinite fluids is a source block, but meta:0 for finite fluids is none!)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.