FORGE JSON HASH

killpowa

I'm working on a launcher and i need to check hashes. For vanilla minecraft there is no problem since they use sha1.

If i look to your JSON https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/blob/master/jsons/1.7.10-rel.json i see for some files a checksums field.

I have a few questions:

-Why is it present just for some files?

-Is there a direct link to this JSON file?

-What are those checksums fields and why are there 2 values?

Thank you for your patience

I'm making one because i'm learning C# and this is a great way of doing it. I don't like any launcher that is present on the internet and i would like to implement the features i like such as modpacks and things like that. I've been working on it for 5 months now, i think just a few weeks and i'll publish it on minecraftforum.net to see what the community thinks about it.

What can you say about the other questions?

I'm here to follow as much as possible the standards of forge. If i just wanted to publish a non working launcher, it would be on the internet already. I've been working really hard for 5 month and i tested it a hundred times. Anyway it is written clearly in the launcher that has nothing to do with Mojang and you. It is made by me with no warranty.

EDIT: Anyway i will publish it first in some forums. If it doesn't work at all there is no need to worry since no one will use it, right?

Anyway it is written clearly in the launcher that has nothing to do with Mojang and you. It is made by me with no warranty.

you can put that in your launcher in letter size 10000000 and pp will still come here and complain

ask diesieben07 how many pp he has banned for using cracked if his ban hammer had durability, diesieben07  had to repair it more then 4 times :P

and we dont support cracked

• Haha 1

So this is your help? Minecraft's team is helping me more than you do? i can't believe this... My launcher strictly respects minecraft's eula and, i would quote a precise part of it: "Otherwise we are quite relaxed about what you do - in fact we really encourage you to do cool stuff - but just don't do those things that we say you can't.".

I just asked what those checksums mean, i don't want to give a cracked version of anything, i don't want anyone to come here to complain, i'm just making a launcher on my own.

I really hope you are not that close minded

I already have an authentication system and i use Minecraft's API for that. Anyway i don't want you to judge my launcher as BAD just because there are a lot out there... It doesn't absolutely mean that. So just because there a lot of bad made Mods out there no one should make one?

Guys, stop being argumentative twats.

@Kill: Its strictly against Mojang's wishes to have you enter your auth info into ANYTHING that isn't Mojang so yes, launchers are bad and against the EULA. There is a reason why Curse is a downloader and they launch the official launcher.

As for the checksums, you'd know what they are if you would do your research. The file you linked is whats called a template, those values get filled in later. You can check out INSTALLER for how they are used. Two are needed because the compression system we use is lossy.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements