[1.8]custom Extructures Check if this IBlockState has this propertie

perromercenary00

Good days

im trying to fix a trouble whith mi extrutures spawn system

basically the main trouble is than the method i been using to copy and store is using the block id, this dont matter for vainilla blocks but i have create a series of blocks and doors in mi mod soo i want to use them in the extructurs im spawning and the block id for mi blocks surely gona change when someone play mi mod along whith other mods.

i dont want to create every of extructures whith code definig every block every state for every position but rater copy all the data from the extructure

alredy done and dump it inside another method that recreate the extructure for that i been making some test found this trouble

im trying to get the properties rom the blocks to store them in other way, if i ask for per example

IBlockState blkst =  worldIn.getBlockState(centro);
	 		Block blk = blkst.getBlock();

PropertyEnum HINGE = PropertyEnum.create("hinge", BlockDoor.EnumHingePosition.class);
			EnumHingePosition hinge = (EnumHingePosition) blkst.getValue(HINGE);

if (hinge != null){

if (hinge == EnumHingePosition.RIGHT) {
				System.out.println("hinge=Right");		
			}
			else
			{
				System.out.println( "hinge=Left");
			}

}

if i cast this over a vainilla door or one o my doors that has the property hinge  this works and return left or right

but if i cast it over a log or any other block

[08:34:32] [server thread/FATAL] [FML]: Exception caught executing FutureTask: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyEnum{name=hinge, clazz=class net.minecraft.block.BlockDoor$EnumHingePosition, values=[left, right]} as it does not exist in BlockState{block=minecraft:log, properties=[axis, variant]}
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyEnum{name=hinge, clazz=class net.minecraft.block.BlockDoor$EnumHingePosition, values=[left, right]} as it does not exist in BlockState{block=minecraft:log, properties=[axis, variant]}
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.callFuture(Unknown Source) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(Unknown Source) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(Unknown Source) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(Unknown Source) [integratedServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(Unknown Source) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyEnum{name=hinge, clazz=class net.minecraft.block.BlockDoor$EnumHingePosition, values=[left, right]} as it does not exist in BlockState{block=minecraft:log, properties=[axis, variant]}
at net.minecraft.block.state.BlockState$StateImplementation.getValue(Unknown Source) ~[blockState$StateImplementation.class:?]
at mercenarymod.items.prueba.idDeBlockes.onItemRightClick(idDeBlockes.java:268) ~[idDeBlockes.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.useItemRightClick(Unknown Source) ~[itemStack.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.tryUseItem(Unknown Source) ~[itemInWorldManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processPlayerBlockPlacement(Unknown Source) ~[NetHandlerPlayServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.processPacket(Unknown Source) ~[C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.processPacket(Unknown Source) ~[C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
... 6 more
[08:34:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §3nItemUseFirst

logically the logs dont have the property hinge,  it i make this way io gonna have  lott  of concurrent.ExecutionException, so i have to ask property if the block has the property before check the getValue() 

but i dont find a method like "boolean IBlockState.hasProperty("HINGE");" 

######

? is there a method to check if a block state has a property ??

or have to make several catchs in the code to copy the extructure

? or maiby is a bether way to copy an struture and latter spawn it in the world, including my custom blocks of course

I'd assume you could do a

if (blkst.getProperties().containsKey(HINGE)) {
    // do stuff here
}

to check if the block has that property. You could also probably make a function like

public static boolean hasProperty(IBlockState state, IProperty property) {
    return state.getProperties().containsKey(property);
}

and put it in a helper class so you can run it from anywhere.

Did I help you? Don't be afraid to give that 'thank you' button a good smack for me!

It's been looking at me weirdly for a while now.