Forge installer won't even start (1.7.10 Latest Release)

pouyer98

So I try running the installer with Java, but it won't even start. It just creates a text file called "forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1566-1.7.10-installer.jar"

Here's what it says:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.getSponsorMessage(ClientInstall.java:326)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.getSponsorMessage(InstallerAction.java:59)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.updateFilePath(InstallerPanel.java:236)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.<init>(InstallerPanel.java:217)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:153)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:40)

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2

at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.buildMirrorList(MirrorData.java:84)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<init>(MirrorData.java:63)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<clinit>(MirrorData.java:17)

... 6 more

I've already tried googling the issue and several links haven't helped any.

Interesting, Is your firewall or something blocking your connection? Try again.

It's downloading this file to get the list of mirriors: http://files.minecraftforge.net/mirror-brand.list {Currently we dont have any}

And it's formatted correctly, so something on your end is messing up the file it's downloading...

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I'm using Windows 7 and browsing through the control panel has revealed that windows firewall is off. I am using a proxy, but turning that off didn't fix the problem. I don't have anything else that could be the culprit (I don't think).

Is there a way I could install Forge without the installer? I've done a bit of research on using Universal to install it but I couldn't find an up-to-date guide and it appears to be difficult.

You could manually go through and do everything the installer does:

Download all libraries specified in the json and put them in the correct folder.

Copy json data to versions folder.

Put Forge jar into libraries folder.

Not to difficult just a lot of steps because there are a lot of libraries.

However the better option would be to try and figure out what you're getting for the mirrior list and why it is wrong.

That list hasnt been updated in months and works for millions of users, so there is something on your end messing things up.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

If you run the installer and don't have internet it will attempt to install anyways and tell you that it cant download libraries. UNLESS you already have the libraries installed in which case it doesn't need to download them again so there isn't a issue.

I am still REALLY curious what file you're getting from our server that is NOT the one I linked... If you have any way to test that out it would be great.

I would suspect that you have some form of proxy/virus/firewall/anti-virus that is intercepting your data and modifying it somehow.

I already had forge 1291 installed for 1.7.10. It's been a while since I've played and I needed the newest version of Forge.

If you have any way to test that out it would be great.

I'm not too good with computers. I really only know enough to get around. I'm not even sure how I would do about testing it.

As for the firewall/proxy/etc., like I said. I checked most of those things and couldn't find anything. Although I think you're right.