Idea for a New Server

damonmensch

I've been toying around with the idea of my own server concept, I wanted to run it by a few folks first to see if there would be any interest in this type of server.

The server will be modded on Forge and will be PVE only with a heavy focus on RPG mechanics more than anything else.

Some of the mods I'm looking to include

• BiblioCraft
  • Thaumcraft
  • Forestry
  • BrewCraft
  • Ender Storage
  • Geocraft
  • Pam's HarvestCraft
  • Metallurgy
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Railcraft
  • Twilight Forest
  • Custom NPCs

I'm going to also have quest lines and the such as well. Basically I wanted to see if there was any possible interest in these concepts by others out there for me to warrant justifying the time I would need to put in it to set it up.

Also I'm iffy about adding in the industrial style mods, such as industrialcraft or thermal expansion, seeing as the purpose of this server won't be to create some base that does everything for you automatically. That and bases full of constantly running machines tend to be more lag prone.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated, but please do try to keep them as meaningful and thought out as possible.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” -Albert Einstein

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”  -Ernst F. Schumacher

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein