[1.8][off topic] how do you put a mod in pages like 9minecraft or minecrafteo

perromercenary00

this bother me alot

this is mi first mod and i have like 6 months in this thing of make mods,

and  i can't  upload  mi mod to pages other than curse

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228033-mercenarymod

¿it has to be whith youtubers thing or popularity or whith what person you must espeak ?

[not native english speaker]

thanks for help.

You really don't want your mod on 9minecraft and similar sites. These sites distribute wrong (outdated, broken) versions of mods without giving credit to the original author and additionally they often even provide malware for download.

That's what I keep telling everyone, but they don't listen! I also tell people not to use skydaz, but that might just be me.

Who are you? Why have you brought me here? And why are there so many PewDiePie fanboys surrounding meeeeeeeee....... *falls into pit and dies*.

Also this. Check it out.

width=700 height=200http://i.imgur.com/J4rrGt6.png[/img]

That's awesome. That license sounds great, and so do all those tips. A link to that site is being inserted in my signature.

Who are you? Why have you brought me here? And why are there so many PewDiePie fanboys surrounding meeeeeeeee....... *falls into pit and dies*.

Also this. Check it out.

You really don't want your mod on 9minecraft and similar sites. These sites distribute wrong (outdated, broken) versions of mods without giving credit to the original author and additionally they often even provide malware for download.

That's what I keep telling everyone, but they don't listen! I also tell people not to use skydaz, but that might just be me.

Skydaz is part of TheDiamondMinecart :D

I don't even like the TheDiamondMinecart. I think he's stupid and rode to fame on a wave of asshat 10 year olds. The fact that skydaz is part of him just makes me repulsed from it even more. I've never once used Skydaz and don't intend upon doing so. If you need an installer to do any of the things listed on that website you should get off the internet and grab a creeper plushie because you're 7 years old.

• Like 1

Also this. Check it out.

Reminds me that I once had to download a mod from 9minecraft because the original, official host was long, long gone.  And I wanted to examine the source code.

I still feel dirty. *shudder*

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

people from minecraftforum.net usually hate when their mods get posted in those sites, so I suppose you don't do anything to get your mod there; the webmaster puts does it if he feels like it.

WIP mods: easyautomation, easyenergy, easyelectronics, easymoney, easytrasportation, easysecurity, easymultiverse, easyfactions, easymagick, easyalchemy, easyseasons

people from minecraftforum.net usually hate when their mods get posted in those sites, so I suppose you don't do anything to get your mod there; the webmaster puts does it if he feels like it.

Said webmaster(s) shouldn't. They are illegally redistributing other's work, and sometimes claiming credit for it. If one or more of your mods ends up on one of these sites, you should immediately have them take it down.

Don't make mods if you don't know Java.

Check out my website: http://shadowfacts.net

Developer of many mods

Said webmaster(s) shouldn't. They are illegally redistributing other's work, and sometimes claiming credit for it. If one or more of your mods ends up on one of these sites, you should immediately have them take it down.

And how?

Websites like 9minecraft.com don't give a **** about you and definitely are not going to take down the mod.

I mean you can try and file a complaint to google to take it down but...

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

9minecraft and such websites steal mods and the money people make from mods. This is a bad thing, no? There are ways to make money through websites such as Adf.ly, and 9minecraft puts the mods through their own Adf.ly links stealing the money that the creators could make. That's the biggest issue, but there are many other issues as well. You can post mods on Minecraft Forums or PlanetMinecraft and then people can download it from there, or you can create your own website and host it there, or many other options, but 9minecraft specifically is not a website you want your mod on. There's no joke, we're just trying to save any potential money you might earn from your mod. Even if you are willing to relent your hard earned money to thieves, there's no way to upload your mod to 9minecraft. I mean, no one actually anticipates you to WANT to willingly hand over your money to a known thief.

Also this. Check it out.

Iam kinda new to the community here but i have to agree with lordmastodon.The reason that many people spend their time coding a mmodification for a game is usually because they want to get something from it. Minecraft is coded in java and has got a large community, thats why it also has big opportunities for modders. I myself started to mod because i am hoping to get some extra money fir my school, thats why iam going with curse. I dont recommend using 9minecraft. They will just get the profit that belongs to you. Curse is much popular and it will reward you for the downloads you get. Adf.ly is better than 9minecraft but i reccommend curse. Thats because people can search and find your mod randomly without you having to advertise.

The reason that many people spend their time coding a mmodification for a game is usually because they want to get something from it.

No, we make mods because we like to program and we have ideas we want to implement in the game. Not for money or popularity, although we won't mind if we get revenue for it.
  • Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Pretty much.  All my modding efforts have resulted in $80.  Which is an order of magnitude less than I've made from a board game I helped design in two days.

And that is about 3 orders less than my actual jobs have paid.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Lasgerrits, you can put your ideas and your programming skills in use for other stuff, like creating your own game. However that is if you are doing this for fun. I am not saying that you start this with the sole purpose of getting money. When you have the ideas and the abbility to do something then why not give it a try. And later if your idea was succesful then why not get the reward for your work. This topic was about uploading your mod in a good site anyway. My personal thoughts do not matter.

This topic was about uploading your mod in a good site anyway.

Uh.  Neither 9minecraft nor minecrafteo are "good sites."

There are to things that matter so your mod gets popular.

First: Your mod has to be good, it should be something like, RottenFleshToLeather, that thing is shit

Second: Luck, my Extra Shoes mod only got over 10000 Downloads, because on the daya after release, somebody reviewd my mod with around 2M subscribers, on my second mod, I only got hard over 1000 downloads, because nobody reviewed it.

But anyway, mjobody will review your mod if it bad

Creator of Extra Shoes

Watch out, I'm total jerk, and I'll troll anybody if it feels like its necessary. Pls report me then