Set a block ignoring its neighbors

thebest108

I think I ran into something like that when I was trying to generate some custom structures in-game. When there is world-gen happening, I don't think neighbors notify, but during the game they usually do.

In 1.7.10 I think you can stop the notification with the "flag" parameter passed to the World#setBlock() method. The comment for that method says:

* Sets the block ID and metadata at a given location. Args: X, Y, Z, new block ID, new metadata, flags. Flag 1 will

* cause a block update. Flag 2 will send the change to clients (you almost always want this). Flag 4 prevents the

* block from being re-rendered, if this is a client world. Flags can be added together.

So I think you would use flag = 2. This won't update neighbors but will still update the client.

I'm not sure how to do this in 1.8, as the World#setBlockState() method doesn't seem to have that flag anymore.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure how to do this in 1.8, as the World#setBlockState() method doesn't seem to have that flag anymore.

Just like in 1.7.10, there's an overload of

setBlockState

with and without the

flags

argument.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.