[1.8]Making configurations for Biome and Dimension IDs

NovaViper

At the top of the configuration file. Also I noticed that mods like Not Enough Items and the CCC api have custom named configuration title headings like so. Also to answer the question I asked, I added the configuration version to the Configuration parameter (config = new Configuration(file, configversion);).

#Main configuration of NEI.
#Most of these options can be changed ingame.
#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value

checkUpdates=true
inventory.cheatmode=2
inventory.gamemodes=creative, creative+, adventure
inventory.hidden=false
inventory.itemIDs=1
inventory.itemsort=nei.itemsort.minecraft,nei.itemsort.mod,nei.itemsort.id,nei.itemsort.default,nei.itemsort.damage,nei.itemsort.name
inventory.layoutstyle=0
#For those who can't help themselves.
#Set this to a mode and you will be unable to change it ingame

...configurations

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I think adding heading comments is done by adding comments to the general category using Configuration#setCategoryComment(category, comment)

2. Updating config file is automatically done by forge, why do you want to do it yourself?

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

The add comment is for categories, and also, I noticed when I have the config version, even though the old one is outdated, it isn't deleted and the latest version isn't created, it doesn't even change the old one

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

The add comment is for categories, and also, I noticed when I have the config version, even though the old one is outdated, it isn't deleted and the latest version isn't created, it doesn't even change the old one

It adds missing values. Let's say that your user configured your mod to hardcore mode, and by default it comes in normal mode. Then when update comes and new property is added, if config file is removed and re-added, then all values get defaulted. So it will be set back to normal mode... Forge does not delete existing vlaues, but adds missing ones...