Armor equips into wrong slot

Knox1474

I'm using a newly installed version of minecraft, running the latest forge for 1.7.10 with no additional mods. Armor dropped by dispensers are improperly equipping onto my character, with the helmet going into the chestplate slot, chestplate sometimes going into the pants slot, pants going into the shoes slot, and shoes always going into my inventory. Unlike previous minecraft versions where this has been an issue, my slots don't black out, and right clicking works just fine. I've also noticed running vanilla minecraft 1.7.10 has dispensers that always properly equip my armor... Anyone who can help me determine what is the issue, I would be very grateful!

We need exact versions.

Vanilla minecraft special cases the player inventory vs other mobs inventory. {1 in player is head, vs 0 in skeles being head} Seince 1.5 we've fixed this bug.

So this shouldn't be an issue in 1.7.10 unless you've got something else installed derping it up or using a really old version.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I tried completely redownloading minecraft, and made sure to remove any mods I had before. I also redownloaded forge for minecraft 1.7.10 version 10.13.2.1291, and the problem persists. I still cant get over the fact why the dispensers work correctly if I just run plain vanilla minecraft 1.7.10...

• 7 months later...