[1.8][SERVER] Server multiworld

Jacky2611

A friend recently told me that it would be awesome if I could add multiple world to a small side project (server only!) I started a while ago.

So I copied everything from forge essentials "multiworld" folder into a new package, fixed all errors, created a few helper classes and then tried to create a new world. To my own surprise I was even able to tp to the new world before my server crashed (yeah, what I created never received any tick updates, looks like in FE this is done by the APIRegistry...)

It looks like it could work if I would spend more time fixing these bugs. (Why should I?)

But I doubt that every coder who wants to have multiple worlds has the time to create all this on his own. I know from a friend that in bukkit you just had to write one line of code in order to create a new dimension.

Is there any chance that something like this will get added to forge?

Here could be your advertisement!

No, we have everything in place that is needed to create and register new dimensions.

As evidenced by the MANY mods that already exist that do add those extra dimensions.

Your "I copy/pasted and messed with code I don't understand you must make something that fixes my issues" reasoning is not valid and will not get you anywhere.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I never said that I copied and pasted code I didn't understand.

I took 15 mins to copy and modify a code just cause I wanted to know if its possible to create a dim while minecraft is running at the server side dynamically.

And I know why its not working, as already said, it was just a proof of concept.

If you look through my posts you can see that I already have created dimensions before.

But I needed 14 classes to get (nearly) everything working, and I believe that a simple way to "clone" the overworld would be useful.

Here could be your advertisement!

There is a simple way you register a new dimension with the dimension manager.

Either way this is not needed. Please spend 10 mins and learn the system correctly before bitching that things that already exist should be added.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon