I have sort of a dilemma

Gingusa

I like using HD texture packs and right now my favorite is Wolfcraft. But the only way i know to use it correctly is with MCpatcher but that program doesent work at all with forge, and I need forge if i want to try Claysoldiers ( which i still haven't gotton to freaking work either) so is there another program maybe? Or a way I can still use an HD texture pack without using MCpatcher? Or will i just have to settle for clay soldiers with some 32x32 texture.  ( also if i may ask, i have 2 minecraft jars in my bin people say not to delete meta INF from the server jar which one is the server jar? i got minecraft  jar and minecraft1.3.2  jar )

Edit: I just remembered about Oftifine but when i tried optifine Magiclauncher said there was 1 error and i simply crashed when i try minecraft.

First: Never. Use. MCPatcher.

Second: Forge has support for up to 128x texture packs!

Third: Magiclauncher has issues. Use MultiMC.

Fourth: To install forge, remove meta-inf from minecraft.jar. On a server, don't remove meta inf. Yes, I know the client is a server too, but DELETE META INF ANYWAY.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

That would be because you are using a HD texture pack and there for need the HD mod. Imao there are texture packs in 64bit that don't need the HD pack and look just as good but, if you would like I well look up how to install it; and then i'll run you though it tomorrow.

Also, this is kinda in the wrong section it does involve texture packs but, this is a forge related issue and should be in General Discussion. I only suggest this because you would get help faster there.

Ok you have 4ish options as far as I can see you can;

(1) Use MultiMC

(2) Use optifine 1.3.2 Mod, witch in theory does the same thing.

http://www.minecraftmine.org/optifine-mod/

OptiFine 1.3.2 Mod Features (Recommended) 

FPS boost

Support for HD Textures

Configurable Smooth Lighting

Smart Advanced OpenGL

Fog control

Mipmaps

Better Grass

Better Snow

FPS control

Chunk Loading Control

Configurable Details

Configurable animations

Fast Texturepack Switching

Debug

Time Control

Autosave

(3) Fix it by hand, No I don't know how to fix it by hand and I don't care to try.

(4) I am making a 32bit texture pack right now that replace every minecraft block in one way or another its not going to be HD but it well do for most people. Hope one of these options helps you.

P.S. I recommend the one I think well work best, if any option solves your problem. I recommend asking for this to be move or just delete it, because its technically  in the wrong place. Hope I was helpful : )

That would be because you are using a HD texture pack and there for need the HD mod. Imao there are texture packs in 64bit that don't need the HD pack and look just as good but, if you would like I well look up how to install it; and then i'll run you though it tomorrow.

Also, this is kinda in the wrong section it does involve texture packs but, this is a forge related issue and should be in General Discussion. I only suggest this because you would get help faster there.

I know it needs hd fix thats y i used to use mc patcher before i found clay soldiers. Yes I would like this moved i figured Forge forums had to be directly about forge thats why i figured it should be in here. Soo when u gave me those 4 options did u mean MultiMC OR? Optifine? or do i use multiMC to install optifine? or are you saying optifine does what multimc does?

Edit: I tried adding optifine with multiMC and started minecraft it made it all the way to the main menu for a split 2 seconds and then crashed.

I know it needs hd fix thats y i used to use mc patcher before i found clay soldiers. Yes I would like this moved i figured Forge forums had to be directly about forge thats why i figured it should be in here. Soo when u gave me those 4 options did u mean MultiMC OR? Optifine? or do i use multiMC to install optifine? or are you saying optifine does what multimc does?

Edit: I tried adding optifine with multiMC and started minecraft it made it all the way to the main menu for a split 2 seconds and then crashed.

Well, it crashed is a great description.

Manually install optifine and forge, forge first.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Well, it crashed is a great description.

Manually install optifine and forge, forge first.

lol sorry, Manually as in with 7zip into Minecraft jar?

Ok, all i want to do is play minecraft 1.3.2 /wolfcraft texture / toomanyitems 1.3.2 / claysoldiers 1.3.2. Even if i never use any other mods ever. claysoldiers requires forge apparently.. so im just folowing a chain of peopel suggestions so now where im at in understanding is meta-inf file = bad / install stuff one at a time / mcpatcher = bad / magiclauncher = sucks / so i got multiMC. if u want to ( no rush ) make a vid showing what i should do 4 windows 7. ill follow the vid and post the error reports and maybe we can go from there? But really, take your time. And if this is the rong place for the topic im sorry. I just joined yesterday. Feel free to move it.

Edit: or not enough items instead of too many, if needed.

Ok, all i want to do is play minecraft 1.3.2 /wolfcraft texture / toomanyitems 1.3.2 / claysoldiers 1.3.2. Even if i never use any other mods ever. claysoldiers requires forge apparently.. so im just folowing a chain of peopel suggestions so now where im at in understanding is meta-inf file = bad / install stuff one at a time / mcpatcher = bad / magiclauncher = sucks / so i got multiMC. if u want to ( no rush ) make a vid showing what i should do 4 windows 7. ill follow the vid and post the error reports and maybe we can go from there? But really, take your time. And if this is the rong place for the topic im sorry. I just joined yesterday. Feel free to move it.

TMI?

Pish posh.

Use NEI, it's forge compatible.

(And better)

I am sick right now so give me a day or so and I'll figure out your problem mate.

Here's problem number one mate

WolfCraft Texture Pack – Minecraft 1.2.5 (Not =) 3.1.2

Even so here is how you make a forge client and install optifine.

1. Delete you .minecraft in you %appdata% folder. or back it up if you want saves Etc.

2. Run the Minecraft.Exe This well download a fresh 1.3.2 minecraft

3. Open up a internet browser and go the minecraft forge page and get the lates minecraft forge.

4. Your going to need a zip opener if you don't have one download 7-Zip

5. Go top you %appdata% file and open the .minecraft  then the bin file and then the minecraft jar.

6. Delete the meta-inf file

7. Open the forge you got and drag the necessary files over

-Their are much better youtube videos for this part just watch so I don't have to explaine 

8. run minecraft to get the mods folder ( make sure to do 7 first)

9. Go up a few post and download optifine and and throw that zip in you mods file.

10. run minecraft again.

11. add texture pack and see what happens but its out of date so well probably crash you .

P.S. I fell like shit so I am going to bed and if for some reason you can't do the above ill get you a 1.3.2 minecraft file download so you can play and ill mess around with that texture pack as well.

I am sick right now so give me a day or so and I'll figure out your problem mate.

Here's problem number one mate

WolfCraft Texture Pack – Minecraft 1.2.5 (Not =) 3.1.2

Even so here is how you make a forge client and install optifine.

1. Delete you .minecraft in you %appdata% folder. or back it up if you want saves Etc.

3. Open up a internet browser and go the minecraft forge page and get the lates minecraft forge.

5. Go top you %appdata% file and open the .minecraft  then the bin file and then the minecraft jar.

-Their are much better youtube videos for this part just watch so I don't have to explaine 

9. Go up a few post and download optifine and and throw that zip in you mods file.

10. run minecraft again.

11. add texture pack and see what happens but its out of date so well probably crash you .

P.S. I fell like shit so I am going to bed and if for some reason you can't do the above ill get you a 1.3.2 minecraft file download so you can play and ill mess around with that texture pack as well.

everything u said worked perfectly. and i gues ill have to get a new texture pack but the minecraftplanet hasent added a search filter for 1.3.2 and wolfcraft said it was 1.3.2 freakin liar. well anyways, i tried putting clay soldiers into the mods folder and then it crashed again. heres the report

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9849a0df --------

Generated 9/21/12 7:19 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

- Memory: 446627256 bytes (425 MB) / 518979584 bytes (494 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024m -Xms512m

- FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 3 mods loaded, 3 mods active

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed

ClaySoldiersMod [Clay Soldiers Mod] (ClaySoldiersMod.zip) Unloaded->Errored

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: GeForce 9100/PCI/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: WolfCraft 4.1.zip

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SanAndreasP.mods.ClaySoldiersMod.CSM_ModRegistry

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:102)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:459)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SanAndreasP.mods.ClaySoldiersMod.CSM_ModRegistry

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:125)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:57)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:341)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:124)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:81)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:458)

... 4 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:27)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:167)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:118)

... 31 more

--- END ERROR REPORT d913921e ----------

Ok this is my fault for not reading what mods you wanted to install.

Tomanyitems: Download and tutorial here:

http://www.minecraftdl.com/too-many-items-mod/

ClaySoliders: Download and tutorial here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,1976

Ok, know we get to the part that I said was my fault you must make sure to download Universal  and not source.

Just redo  this with Universal. Do this before the two specified links above and you should get to play.

10. run minecraft again.

P.S. if you want to know if a texture pack is up to data just google the name; It generally works .

FINALLY

EVERYTHING WORKS  I wanna hug you :o.

Edit: well too many items worked for a few hours then suddenly it stoped showing up at all, when i hit "E" in creative where it usually shows all the buttons and items list for the mod  they arent there anymore and this was mid-game no crashes or anything. when i quit to main menu and click mods it shows that its there. Heres some screenshots.

FINALLY

EVERYTHING WORKS  I wanna hug you :o.

Edit: well too many items worked for a few hours then suddenly it stoped showing up at all, when i hit "E" in creative where it usually shows all the buttons and items list for the mod  they arent there anymore and this was mid-game no crashes or anything. when i quit to main menu and click mods it shows that its there. Heres some screenshots.

Imao mate switch  to notenoughitems  works way better and has cooler stuff also a lot more stable.

http://www.minecraftmine.org/not-enough-items-mod/

Just redo the client again same stuff just instead of tomanyitems trade up for notenoughitems.

Trust me I have used it before just a better mod all around.

Sry for all the trouble you seem to have it must be a bit off putting. Well just fix one problem at a time tell we get you to a playable point  8)

LOL i tried that too they both dont show up : /  i tried puting not enough items into mods folder instead of too many, and it did nothnig it dident even show up as installed at main menu, then I tried dragging over files for not enough items with 7zip and it crashed ( below)

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 2a9d728e --------

Generated 9/23/12 2:08 AM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

- Memory: 363101864 bytes (346 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024m -Xms512m

- FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 3 mods loaded, 3 mods active

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

ClaySoldiersMod [Clay Soldiers Mod] (CSM_v8_02_universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

- LWJGL: 2.4.2

- OpenGL: GeForce 9100/PCI/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Type: Client

- Texture Pack: Photo Realism 64.zip

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

- World MpServer Entities: 14 total; [atg['Gingusa'/345, l='MpServer', x=68.48, y=73.98, z=261.83], nj['item.tile.gravel'/171, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=259.75], nj['item.tile.gravel'/170, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.00], nj['item.tile.gravel'/169, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=259.47], nj['item.tile.gravel'/168, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.97], nj['item.tile.gravel'/174, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=258.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/173, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=257.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/172, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/163, l='MpServer', x=68.53, y=1.13, z=260.38], nj['item.tile.gravel'/167, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=256.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/166, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/165, l='MpServer', x=68.44, y=1.13, z=259.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/164, l='MpServer', x=68.16, y=1.13, z=258.69], mt['Pig'/87, l='MpServer', x=1.94, y=72.00, z=280.94]]

- World MpServer Players: 1 total; [atg['Gingusa'/345, l='MpServer', x=68.48, y=73.98, z=261.83]]

- World MpServer Chunk Stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 370

- Forced Entities: 26 total; [nj['item.tile.gravel'/174, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=258.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/168, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.97], nj['item.tile.gravel'/169, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=259.47], nj['item.tile.gravel'/170, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.00], nj['item.tile.gravel'/171, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=259.75], atg['Gingusa'/345, l='MpServer', x=68.48, y=73.98, z=261.83], mt['Pig'/87, l='MpServer', x=1.94, y=72.00, z=280.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/171, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=259.75], nj['item.tile.gravel'/170, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.00], nj['item.tile.gravel'/169, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=259.47], nj['item.tile.gravel'/168, l='MpServer', x=68.31, y=1.13, z=258.97], nj['item.tile.gravel'/174, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=258.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/173, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=257.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/172, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/163, l='MpServer', x=68.53, y=1.13, z=260.38], nj['item.tile.gravel'/167, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=256.94], nj['item.tile.gravel'/166, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/165, l='MpServer', x=68.44, y=1.13, z=259.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/164, l='MpServer', x=68.16, y=1.13, z=258.69], nj['item.tile.gravel'/166, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/165, l='MpServer', x=68.44, y=1.13, z=259.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/164, l='MpServer', x=68.16, y=1.13, z=258.69], nj['item.tile.gravel'/173, l='MpServer', x=68.13, y=1.13, z=257.06], nj['item.tile.gravel'/172, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=260.88], nj['item.tile.gravel'/163, l='MpServer', x=68.53, y=1.13, z=260.38], nj['item.tile.gravel'/167, l='MpServer', x=68.88, y=1.13, z=256.94]]

- Retry Entities: 0 total; []

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field apn.e from class codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager

at codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.shouldShowTooltip(GuiContainerManager.java:534)

at codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.renderToolTips(GuiContainerManager.java:515)

at aqh.a(GuiContainer.java:142)

at aqq.a(SourceFile:31)

at aqn.a(SourceFile:442)

at auw.b(EntityRenderer.java:917)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:871)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:764)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT c094e4bd ----------

And its def playable now i made an arena its just like THE WALLS multiplayer server arena  sept mini version i got 2 levels of stickypistons that release the wall of gravel  and when fights over the 2nd releases the gravel to the core of the earth were it melts ( torches at the bottom)  and now i made it so its 50 vs 50 | 50 vs 50 with nexus bases, then the winners battle for 1st place and 64 stack of cookies xD.

This is with Photo Realism Texture pack 64x64.

Forge installation

10. run minecraft again.

ClaySoliders: Download and tutorial here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,1976

Optifine: Download and tutorial here:

http://www.minecraftmine.org/optifine-mod/

Not Enough Items 1.3.2 Mod Installations for Minecraft 1.3.2

http://www.minecraftmine.org/not-enough-items-mod/

0. Start with a clean minecraft (RePosted Steps above)

1. Install FML 3.0.175.332 or Install Minecraft Forge, Into the Jar

2. Install CodeChickenCore. into the coremods folder not the mods folder this is very in-portent.

3. Download the not enough items mod

4. Open the Minecraft.jar folder

5. Delete the meta inf folder

6. Drag in the files from not enough items and enjoy

7. NotEnoughItems MUST BE INSTALLED IN THE JAR.

NotEnoughItems will NOT work with TMI also installed.

That's why we must start with a new client because we modified the minecraft jar to install it.

I can easily just do this all for you and get you a download but I believe in teaching people what to do so we don't have to spend hours wasting good game time late : )

If I am reading this right claysoliders hates NEI and TMI; because if I am reading this right its basically trying to grab the clay soldier recipes so you can spawn them and make them. This is what we call a mod confliction you have two options don't use NEI and TMI and stick with minecraft creative mode or talk to the peps whom make NEI and see if they can fix the issue I don't code NEI so i could tell you whats wrong with it.

Alrighty then ill wait a while till maybe a new version comes out cuz im not signing up for yet another forum..

sry to here that mate its just the world of programming at work forge was designed to be compatible with a lot of mods but people still fight change. I hope minecraft life treats you better in the future.