Getting Player name?

robertcars

Taking a stab here but "entityplayer.getDisplayName();"

if you really wanted to I guess you could pass the whole Player instance into the block (might be a bit overkill but then the block if you have it tick can use or effect the owner, probably wrong there still a bit new to this)

I'm interested in this as I want to mod owned blocks too. where only owner/creative/admin can edit/use it

if you really wanted to I guess you could pass the whole Player instance into the block (might be a bit overkill but then the block if you have it tick can use or effect the owner, probably wrong there still a bit new to this)

I'm interested in this as I want to mod owned blocks too. where only owner/creative/admin can edit/use it

Thanks alot it is getDisplayName() just in a different location it was Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.getDisplayName();

Thanks alot it is getDisplayName() just in a different location it was Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.getDisplayName();

Be warned: That only works in Singleplayer as far as I remember.

Also, if the display name changes, the user will no longer be an owner of that block.

I don't have the API in front of me (Temporary install of Win8 to do tax, then back to Arch tonight), but I think EntityPlayer has a getEntityName() function, so it should be entityPlayer.getEntityName(), where entityPlayer is whatever you are referencing the EntityPlayer by

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong? :D

Since 1.7.10, you shouldn't use the player's name anymore for storing ownership! Use the players UUID for that.

It's

playerInstance.getGameProfile().getId()

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.