Problems installing

OlDrunk

I'm trying to install Forge 3.1.3.105 , I have a fresh install of Minecraft 1.2.5 and installed Modloader for 1.2.5 every thing is fine till Forge is installed , I drop the contents of the zip into Minecraft.jar and after that I just get black screen( YES, META dir is deleted)

Here is the output I get at the terminal

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: forge/IShearable

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

at pb.<clinit>(Block.java:60)

at qa.<init>(SourceFile:14)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:232)

at n.<init>(SourceFile:33)

at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet.init(MinecraftApplet.java:31)

at net.minecraft.Launcher.replace(Launcher.java:134)

at net.minecraft.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:78)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forge.IShearable

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

... 17 more

Here is the modloader.txt log

22-May-2012 9:54:57 PM ModLoader init

FINE: ModLoader 1.2.5 Initializing...

22-May-2012 9:54:57 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath

FINER: Adding mods from /home/flint/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar

22-May-2012 9:54:57 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath

FINER: Zip found.

22-May-2012 9:54:58 PM ModLoader addAllRenderers

FINE: Initialized

As for system specs I'm running Ubuntu Linux 10.10 64bit 4GigRAM  Java JDK6

If I just drop the forge zip into Mods dir from ModLoader it seems to load fine but then mods that need Forge don't work or crash.

Update:

Tryed to update to Java JDK7 and still not working!

I read the Sticky post and included all the requested information.

I started with a clean install(no old copies MC installed) of minecraft 1.2.5 with the intent to run RedPower2.( have tried more then once to install from fresh, same results)  I first installed Risugami's Modloader for 1.2.5 by opening the minecraft.jar with Archive(linux) as I have for other mods in the past and copied over the files from Modloader zip and Delete META-INF, then I closed every thing and ran Minecraft from the terminal with "java -Dsun.java3d.opengl=true -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame" and checked that minecraft works, every thing is fine at this point. Then I try to install Forge with the same installation method(Forge Wiki install instructions) of copying ALL the contents of the zip to minecraft.jar in /.minecraft/bin/  and when I try to run MC it just gives the above posted output from the terminal and a blank screen. As far as I can tell I'm not doing any thing wrong with the installation as per Wiki and I have used MC mods in the past (BuildCraft) so installation is not new to me, just hope there is some way to fix this or get it going. 

You did not put ALL files in the forge zip into your jar.

If you had, this error wouldn't of came up.

Try again.

We can't really do anything to help you, we arnt gunna hold your hand while you do a simple drag & drop.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I'm NOT some noob looking someone to hold my hand on how to copy and paste, if you can read my posts you'd see so, SO DON'T INSULT ME!!!

Now can someone who CAN read and has some idea of how forge works have any idea of what the issue could be, and NO it's NOT how I'm installing it as if Modloader works and Forge was installed the same way but MC with Modloader won't run after Forge is installed!

SERIOUSLY I'm looking for troubleshooting help and it's obvious at this point it has nothing to do with user install error so quit pointing that finger!!!

Aaaannnd. Banned, have a good day sir.

Anyways for anyone who ever reads this, ANY ClassNotFoundException is caused by 1) Using a old/new version of forge that does not have the class that you need or 2) User install error.

#2 is the case here

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Just registered to post this - I can confirm for future reference that on my current version of Linux (Mint 10) the archive manager does indeed refuse to copy across 90% of the forge directory from the zip file to the jar file.

Sorry to resurrect, but hopefully this will be useful information for the next adamant user.

Also it works fine in Mint 12, which is why I've also spent half an hour trying to figure this out :)

Edit: For super extra useful reference, e.g. anyone googling the problem, it seems to work if you select all the class files with shift+end, thereby actually scrolling to the bottom of the list, then dragging.

Yeah, Archive Manager does not always pull directories for whatever retarded reason.  I use Ark, it works fine.  Well, I used to use Ark, now I have a script that full mods up a client and server for me based on mods in a directory tree using the zip/unzip cli commands.