[164] Downloading files every run

keybounce

I am using 164, forge 965. Vanilla launcher.

Every time I want to play, it wants to download files. It works; but it's annoying.

I cannot tell all of the files it downloads; I can't even find where the vanilla launcher logs its actions. It looks like it is downloading native jars.

Mac os 10.7.5. Forge 965.

It does work if I'm offline and nothing can be downloaded.

It just seems to be downloading even if there should not be a reason to.

Jeb! The sheep! The fence pens, they do nothing still leak!

Try running vanilla 1.6.4. If it happens too, it's most likely the launcher, doing validation of game files and replacing the corrupt ones.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Aha. In the system console log:

Jun 17 19:43:41 keybounceMBP [0x0-0x62062].com.Mojang Specifications.Minecraft.Minecraft[4753]: [19:43:41 INFO]: Finished downloading /Users/michael/Library/Application Support/minecraft/libraries/net/java/jinput/jinput/2.0.5/jinput-2.0.5.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Local file matches local checksum, using that
Jun 17 19:43:41 keybounceMBP [0x0-0x62062].com.Mojang Specifications.Minecraft.Minecraft[4753]: [19:43:41 INFO]: Finished downloading /Users/michael/Library/Application Support/minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/codecwav/20101023/codecwav-20101023.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Local file matches local checksum, using that
Jun 17 19:43:41 keybounceMBP [0x0-0x62062].com.Mojang Specifications.Minecraft.Minecraft[4753]: [19:43:41 INFO]: Finished downloading /Users/michael/Library/Application Support/minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/soundsystem/20120107/soundsystem-20120107.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Local file matches local checksum, using that

There's a LOT of lines of "Starting to download ...", followed by these "Finished downloading ...: local file matches checksum". And some interleaving -- after a few checksums are matched, it starts looking at other files as well.

So, as much as it looks like it is trying to download, it's really just listing each file in turn as it does a checksum validation. UI could be clearer, but it isn't actually downloading after all.

Jeb! The sheep! The fence pens, they do nothing still leak!