Shooter item error

chasingfire_hpps

I'm not offended but, I'm trying to learn to understand it by doing this which is something I enjoy.

You should not learn Java by modding Minecraft. You will only learn things common in Minecraft, but if there's a problem, you don't know what to do (best example is this thread).

I suggest read some basic Java tutorials and make a standalone program yourself first before attempt to mod Minecraft.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I'm not offended but, I'm trying to learn to understand it by doing this which is something I enjoy.

You should not learn Java by modding Minecraft. You will only learn things common in Minecraft, but if there's a problem, you don't know what to do (best example is this thread).

I suggest read some basic Java tutorials and make a standalone program yourself first before attempt to mod Minecraft.

I disagree, I learned java from modding minecraft. But you absolutely NEED to do so by reading general java tutorials when you get stuck instead of coming to the forums and asking for help. You also need to observe and try to mimic the conventions of minecrafts code. Lastly, before asking for help on the forums, make sure the your error is with minecraft, and not java. If you ever have problems with Java, either when just modding, or when someone suggest that you do something and you have no idea what they are talking about, use google. If you are ever come across something in minecrafts code that you don't understand due to it being more advanced java than what you know, google it. If you are ever curious about some java thing you see in mincerafts code, google it. If you are ever bored and want to know something more about some java thing, google it. In this case though, your problem is that as cool boy said, EntityPlayer does not extend EntityLiving. (it does extend EntityLivingBase though)