Xenforo and favicon

mrkirby153

So I recently came back to modding and, don't get me wrong, I love this forum however, I think that simple machines forum is....umm.... A little outdated. I personally don't like how smf refreshes the page every time I want to do something like preview this post and I feel that Xenforo has a nice, sleeker feel to it. It also uses jquery to minimalize page refreshes :) I know from experience that xenforo has all the features of this forum don't get me wrong, like I like how you can do @<username> and it tags them and stuff. So I think that we could maybe convert this forum to xenforo? Well, actually, it is a little expensive but still. I think it makes the end-user experience a lot better and stuff.

Also on a different note, why doesn't minecraftforge have a fav icon ( I think that's what it's called). For those of you who don't know what that is it's the little icon that displays in the top corner and depending on your browser it will be blank or look like a sheet of paper or a globe. Setting up fav icons takes like 30 seconds (not counting the drawing time) but implementing is quick and easy and i think it makes minecraftforge.net more official looking

1) All our special plugins are written for SMF, porting to xenforo would be a PITA

2) I would do it, but I don't have FTP access or whatever monkeying is needed with the server to do it.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

1) All our special plugins are written for SMF, porting to xenforo would be a PITA

2) I would do it, but I don't have FTP access or whatever monkeying is needed with the server to do it.

Wait there's special plugins?? :o Also answering to number 2, you just need to put a file named favicon.ico into the public_html directory. And yes you need FTP access

We don't care about eh favicon, and we are not artists so it doesnt matter.

As for switching forum software, unless you've got converters to migrate all accounts, posts, forums, to the new system it's not really helpful.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon