Adding a onFoodEaten event

Geert4321

Hello I am Geert4321,

I am creating a mod at the moment which semi - requires an onFoodEaten event. It is not neccesary because it is just for a temporary hold and for an optional feature, but I would highly appreciate it to have that event. It might also be helpful for other modders.

It would make my christmas merry if you were to implement this feature. I was originally going to add it through ASM, but soon realised that I was unable to do that (as myself, so I couldnt do it, maybe others can) as when I edited the base files directley, the event wouldnt even trigger. So yeah, that is pretty much it :)

Greetings, Geert4321

Yes but if you look even further, the method is protected. So I cannot access it, also it does not tell me which food the player is eating. I could go check every tick if the player is using something and then get the ItemStack but really that is a pain in the ***. So an event would be MUCH easier

• 2 weeks later...

Try using the net.minecraftforge.event.entity.player.PlayerDestroyItemEvent. It's given an EntityPlayer (the player) and an ItemStack (the stack consumed or destroyed). It's called whenever an item is eaten or when destroyed after a rightclick event (there may be other conditions, but it's basically just called when an temstack is destroyed (size<=0)). Just check to see if the itemstack was the food you are looking for and tell it to do something.

• 2 weeks later...