How to Move your Minecraft world into a Mystcraft age

DarkBaron

I was looking to move the overworld from my server to a friends server as a Mystcraft age. I browsed Google for help and came out with only limited success, in my case, I would get to the edge of the map where I had not explored yet prior to the move, and I was met with obvious seed changes, some even cut off into cave worlds, and the weather, sky and light levels were not right, and the spawn would be nowhere near the original overworld spawn point. I couldn't find anything in the guides that people had written beyond some very vague suggestions regarding the 'agedata_#.dat files.

So let's get satarted.

**obligatory disclaimer**

Please be aware that by following this guide, your world won't be 100% perfect, but it will be as close to perfect as possible. When I did it, my world ended up with two suns, and compass directions had changed, however everything else was just right. Also, I take no responsibility for broken worlds, so please, BACKUP YOUR WORLD BEFORE TRYING THIS.

OK, here we go!!

First of all, you will need to get a copy of NBT Explorer, there may be other editors out there, however it's the only one that would work for me.

Also note that I have used an example server location of 'c:/minecraftserver/world/', this is most likely not where your server is on your hard drive.

1. Create a Mystcraft age, making sure to use standard terrain, and native biome controller, and try to keep everything else standard or normal. Enter the world just to make sure that the world is a normal world, and if you need to, use the /myst-twi [age number] command to ensure it is stable.

2. Once you have an age that is as normal as possible, shutdown the server.

3. Find the folder with your Mystcraft age in it, for example, c:/minecraftserver/world/DIM_MYST#. (# being the age number)

4. Delete the contents of the DIM_MYST# folder, and replace them with the equivalent world folders and files from the ~/world/ folder, these are:

c:/minecraftserver/world/data/

c:/minecraftserver/world/RedstoneEther/

c:/minecraftserver/world/region/

c:/minecraftserver/world/forcedchunks.dat

Once that is done, open NBT Explorer, and open the level.dat file from the ~/world/ folder, go into the Data subfolder, and copy down the spawn values, and the seed, they should look like this:

-SpawnX:##

-SpawnY:##

-SpawnZ:##

-RandomSeed: ###################

(note that it won't literally have # symbols, they will be numbers)

5. Now that you have these 4 peices of information copied down, browse to the c:/minecraftserver/world/data folder with NBT Explorer, open the agedata_#.dat file, and open the data subfolder. Once you are there, edit the spawn values and the seed value to match those found in the level.dat file, and save the file.

6. Restart your Minecraft server and your world should be ready in the age number you selected for it :)

See a youtube tutorial here:

Get NBT esplorer here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac/