Where to view update progress?

Torojima

Glad to see the API being progressed quickly. Obviously take your time, rushed code causes more problems then the wait for its release. :)

In terms of it being a sort of re-write like you mentioned, will there be many new hooks for us to inherit? and if so what kinds of new features can we expect?

Don't list them all obviously if there's too many, maybe just a select few you think will be particularly popular.

Thanks

LukeD

As Lex said before, the Forge API now uses an annotation based system to do so called hooks and things. More efficient. Hopefully Lex will explain to us after the update and give us an example of how this works.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Lex said before, the Forge API now uses an annotation based system to do so called hooks and things. More efficient. Hopefully Lex will explain to us after the update and give us an example of how this works.

Yeah I knew about the annotation system, was just curious to know if there were any new methods being put in for us to make use of rather than a general change to the API

:)

But thanks for the reply anyway

Yeah I knew about the annotation system, was just curious to know if there were any new methods being put in for us to make use of rather than a general change to the API

:)

But thanks for the reply anyway

i think he's most likely going to be working on getting it changed over and 1.3 compatible before working on any new stuff, doing that on top of everything else would just delay the release of forge to long

Being noobish since 96, being dumb since birth!

On the Official Minecraft Forums, there is a user who is claiming Forge was updated to support 1.3.1 on Monday.

I'm not seeing it here, is he off his rocker, or using a development build? I haven't seen any development builds in the forums, Github, or Jenkins, but I'm unfamiliar with either of the latter two.

If he is completely off his rocker, someone may want to post a correction in the thread, as he is probably sending quite a few people on a scavenger hunt for the new Forge.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/227822-125-spmp-millenaire-npc-village-300r3-more-mp-bug-fixes/page__st__34460#entry17095518

Cheers! and thanks for all the hard work.

On the Official Minecraft Forums, there is a user who is claiming Forge was updated to support 1.3.1 on Monday.

I'm not seeing it here, is he off his rocker, or using a development build? I haven't seen any development builds in the forums, Github, or Jenkins, but I'm unfamiliar with either of the latter two.

If he is completely off his rocker, someone may want to post a correction in the thread, as he is probably sending quite a few people on a scavenger hunt for the new Forge.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/227822-125-spmp-millenaire-npc-village-300r3-more-mp-bug-fixes/page__st__34460#entry17095518

Cheers! and thanks for all the hard work.

Don't bother with fools who claim to find something that doesn't exist yet. People here at the Forge forums should be the first to know when Forge releases.

is there an estimated date of completion?

the first test release should be out soon-ish, it depends on how much time lexmanos has available to finish porting to the new system & mc 1.3

Excuse me that i'm annoying,but what is the limit-day when Forge 1.3.1 is out?(approximately)

333 - I'm only half evil.

the first test release should be out soon-ish, it depends on how much time lexmanos has available to finish porting to the new system & mc 1.3

Excuse me that i'm annoying,but what is the limit-day when Forge 1.3.1 is out?(approximately)

probably a few days

I believe the more it is asked, the longer forge is gonna take. Stop asking already!

Generate a universal binary package since we can now :)

Sounds particularly good :)

Will it be possible to ship a single mod for client and server or will obfuscation stop that?

i think it would depend on what the mod does, after all, the server does not need to render anything, so if the mod includes custom rendering, a seperate server mod would be better to lower CPU usage on the server

i do believe that you will still need to make 2 seperate mods eventually, but the shared code between those mods will be more in the direction of 90% instead of what it is now

Being noobish since 96, being dumb since birth!

Quick question, does anyone who has played with the new code know how the classes are loaded in SP? I assume there's an instance of both Minecraft and MinecraftServer running, each with their own data interacting only via packets, but are they loaded in the same thread? And more specifically are the classes themselves shared (i.e. are static fields the same on both sides)? If yes I can look forward to quite a bit of restructuring.

Yes, I plan on doing a final version for 1.2.5 just as a wrap up.

Then starting working on 1.3. When it's ready for release i'll post a official release.

Please do not ask 'omg is this build for 1.3.1?!?!?!', When the builds start for 1.3.1 it'll be in the commit log :P

If you really wanna see the latest info, you should watch GitHub

Forge ModLoader Commits

Forge Commits

I changed the thread title to something less... stupid...

Hopefully this allows people to see what is going on, and when.

There are A LOT of new changes coming in 1.3.1 for Forge specifically.

Combined with the fact that the air show is this weekend, meaning I have to be out of my house {and away from the computer} during about 12 hours each day. {Sleep/household crap take up at least 10 of the remaining}

Means that this Forge update will take some time.

However, as a rough guess, a preliminary version should be out by monday or tuesday.

What happened to Monday or Tuesday? I'm really anxious for this update.  :-\

Shit happened, oh well, it's taking longer then I wanted.

However all the new features, namely, merging of eveything into a single code base, is worth it.

Anyways yes, the integrated server shares static values. As thats how java works.

And Mojang did not put the server into a seperate classloader.

BUT! Don't expect that to always work, so you shouldn't do anything hackey with it, or things won't work on remote servers.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon