Source (Forge MCP) CMD prompt won't finish

charburg

OK, this is getting me REALLY mad. Im on a Windows 7, Whenever I open "install.cmd" in the Forge Src 8.9.0.771, it installs fine - and then, eventually, it will just stop working. Usually, in the middle of installing assets, it will just not continue. And when I try to do Alt+F4, it doesn't work. When I try Ctrl+C, it doesn't ask me to terminate the program - but it will work before it stops. To get an idea of what I'm talking about:

l8iGFrr.png

It pauses - and I can't do anything from there. It will usually get to downloading assets, and crash while it's getting languages.

So what I've done: I've exited out of all other processes, I've cleaned up my computer, I've tried running the intstall.py file, I've tried running the install.sh file through Cygwin, I've tried booting up windows in Windows safe mode with command prompt, and I've tried downgrading to earlier versions of forge for mc 1.6.1. None worked. The .py and .sh would just not run for some reason. I've left it alone for an hour straight, still was frozen. SO PLEASE HALP!

I have this same issue, although instead of freezing it waits about 3 minutes and then spits out an error that the connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  It installs 28 of the 40 libraries fine, but this happens to the same 12 of them every time.  If I wait for the script to finish failing on all 12, it will fail to decompile with exception 1.  After the script has finished the MCP environment will be all created, but there will be no sources or forge binaries.

Not able to reproduce this on mine or anyone i can talk tos end.

But someone mentioned that it might be the secure sockets derping up on your computer.

Please go to /fml/fml.py line #78 change the https to just http

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/blob/master/install/fml.py#L78

See if that helps.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I tried switching the line out, but it still failed.  However I am now going through the files to try switching out all https connections to http, to see if it helps.  Although on a side note I am able to download the missing libraries in the web browser just fine, using the URLs MCP gives me.

EDIT:  I found another URL on line 1149 of the same file; swapping it out made the script almost finish.  Apparently I missed another, since an https URL was mentioned in the crash.

EDIT2:  Found another on line 1242, switching it out fixed the installer.  once it is finished I will see if it works.

EDIT3:  Aaaaand It wont start.  Running startclient.bat spits out a huge stack trace and finally ends up with the old UnsatisfiedLinkError.

Interesting, that shouldn't happen.

Can you please provide full logs {EVERYTHING the console spits out when running install}

And the logs of you running start client.

It's curious as i'm not able to reproduce anything this drastic on my end.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

I will get the logs and upload them, and then edit this post.  I actually went and downloaded another copy of forge, patched the https strings, and THEN ran install.cmd for the first time.  That time almost worked, but It kept thinking the minecraft_server.jar was moddified.  It downloaded it once, wiped it, and then downloaded it again.  Both times it said the jars were modded.  I hope mojang didn't push another sneak update or something...  I will try to launch the new copy since the client decompiled fine, and I will post that log as well.

EDIT:  The second one apparently never finished the client either, so I ran cleanup.bat and I am trying again.  Here is the output of startclient.bat for the first copy:  http://pastebin.com/MQpCv1FA .  I don't know where to find the install logs, and I did not save any copies.

EDIT:  I just remembered that My first forge copy is the latest, and the second is the recommended.  Which might explain why the second kept thinking the jars were invalid.  I was unable to get the second working, but running cleanup and starting over on the first gave the exact same error as before.  This is with the patched fml.py files, although the only changes are not using https.

Interesting that seems to be the isue of MCP not extracting and using your natives...

Mind giving me a mcp/logs/mcp.log of your startclient run?

It should be working fine.

As of build 789 it now works fine!  :D

EDIT: NVM, start client works, but intellij spits this out:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\java" -Djava.library.path=Natives -Didea.launcher.port=7533 "-Didea.launcher.bin.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 12.1\bin" -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\deploy.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\javaws.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\jfr.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\jfxrt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\management-agent.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\jaccess.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\sunec.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\lib\ext\zipfs.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\out\production\Client;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\argo-2.25.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\gson-2.2.2.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\guava-14.0.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\lzma-0.0.1.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\asm-all-4.1.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\lwjgl-2.9.0.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\jinput-2.0.5.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\jutils-1.0.0.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\commons-io-2.4.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\argo-2.25_fixed.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\jopt-simple-4.5.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\lwjgl_util-2.9.0.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\codecwav-20101023.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\commons-lang3-3.1.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\launchwrapper-1.3.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\bcprov-jdk15on-1.47.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\codecjorbis-20101023.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\scala-library-2.10.2.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\soundsystem-20120107.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\libraryjavasound-20101123.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\WorkingDir\Libraries\librarylwjglopenal-20100824.jar;C:\Users\Chris\Minecraft Mod Projects\Forge1.6.2\forge\mcp\jars\versions\1.6.2\1.6.2.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 12.1\lib\idea_rt.jar" com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain Start

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.logging.Logger.setParent(Logger.java:1472)

at net.minecraft.logging.LogAgent.setupLogger(LogAgent.java:33)

at net.minecraft.logging.LogAgent.<init>(LogAgent.java:25)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:308)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:77)

at Start.main(Start.java:68)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)

Process finished with exit code 1

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:77)

at Start.main(Start.java:68)

thats not the entry point see the launch configs shipped for eclipse with fml.