Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Author Topic: Essentials alternative??  (Read 10338 times)

Offline sennex

• Thank You
  •   - Given: 0
  •   - Receive: 0

• "I am new!"

• View Profile
Essentials alternative??
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:33:14 am »
Hello, I run a small private server for my son and I.

I had been trying to use Forge Essentials for the last week but either I am just not using it correctly or its not able to add what I need.

I am looking for adding a /spawn command, or /home, or anything along those lines that my son can use to teleport around to areas once he goes exploring.

If such a mod also allows him to /fly that would be awesome, he loves to run around and pretend he is Iron Man.

If! A teleport mod doesn't work with Forge like this, then is there a "portal" mod out there that you all recommend?

Offline dries007

• Diamond Finder
  • Thank You
  •   - Given: 1
  •   - Receive: 1

• "Hehe ;)"

• View Profile
    • Dries007.net
Re: Essentials alternative??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:46 am »
ForgeEssentials has everything you'll need, though the /fly command is "/capabilities allowFlight true" if I'm not mistaken.

If you run the server whitelisted or privately, you can OP him and he will be able to use all commands. If you want to block certain commands, look in the commands' config.cfg.
Please send me all the typo's you found, I'm from Belgium and I'm a little dyslectic and suck @ typing.

Offline sennex

• Thank You
  •   - Given: 0
  •   - Receive: 0

• "I am new!"

• View Profile
Re: Essentials alternative??
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:14:56 pm »
Well maybe thats my issue right there, I have a main.cfg in the ForgeEssentials folder, and then a FEData.h2.DB, and a Banneditems.cfg, but nothing else.

Edit:

Just reinstalled Forge Essentials, at the console I added my UID to the Owners group, set the Owners group to the Default group, logged both my son and I into the game. Ran pretty far away from the spawn, to test the /spawn command, as well as /home, and from both I received
"Unknown Command. Try /help........" message

I tried
/p group Owners allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home
/p group Owners allow ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home.set

to make sure it was set, and still the same error message
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:42:58 pm by sennex »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Close
Please register or Login to join in on the community!