[1.11.2] Which type of rendering should I use?

MCrafterzz

Hello, I want to use a custom renderer but don't want it to update every tick like a tesr. What are the alternatives? I've heard about BakedModel is that a good alternative?

The vanila renderer doesn't work for this block as it would require to many "cases" in the blockstate file and won't work for other reasons

It can't change texture depending on a variable, also rotating depending on a nbt tag. Creating 360 different cases wouldn't work. It just doesn't work with the vanilla renderer so I wander what custom render I can use that isn't as laggy as a TESR and that doesn't rerender every tick.

Well, I'm creating a bigger version of a player head. The textures are loaded from the minecraft skin database. So a vanilla model wouldn't be able to display this texture (right?). It has a rotation tag (0-360 degres) which you can use to determine the rotation of the block.

EDIT: The vanilla skull uses a tesr but it updates every tick so I wonder if there is an alternative which is less laggy

Ok thanks for your explantion.

What i ment was that my tileentity doesn't extend itickable. Just wondering if the FastTESR or the tileentity could be optimized in any way.

Thanks extended FastTESR

EDIT: Is there any good tutorial/example/documentation on how to use fasttesr?