Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Author Topic: Tree puncher, Stone miner, Diamond finder...  (Read 550 times)

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You
  •   - Given: 21
  •   - Receive: 4

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
Tree puncher, Stone miner, Diamond finder...
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:42:27 pm »
I did not really know where to put this topic, but what do these mean? I started out as a tree puncher, now I am a stone miner, and I see diamond finders and Forge Code Gods... What are these and how do you get them? I have no idea how I got the "stone miner" thing in my display. If this topic is not in the right place, I apologize, but I didn't know where to post it... Maybe Off-Topic? Feel free to move this topic to the right place.
I help people with the knowledge I acquire by getting helped. Check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaK5oRw4yd7PurBWww9tVhA
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
  •   - Given: 6
  •   - Receive: 293
    • View Profile
Re: Tree puncher, Stone miner, Diamond finder...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:53:02 pm »
It is basically an indication of how much time you spent on the forums, and how much you post. The more you post, the higher the status gets. This doesn't have any impact on anything, just a visual thing so other users can see how "experienced" you are.
If you have a question, please make a thread on the designated board. PMs with questions will be ignored!

1.7.10 and older version for Minecraft are no longer supported. Update to the latest version if you want help.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline jeffryfisher

• Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  •   - Given: 19
  •   - Receive: 108

• "My avatar is an actor who looks nothing like me"

• View Profile
    • Propagate Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:03:13 am »
Your karma and thank-yous are more important. Aim to keep your karma around 20-to-1 positive, and remember to use the thank-you button for any post that directly answers one of your questions in a helpful way. You should also applaud any post that teaches you something useful while helping someone else.
The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:17 am »
Ok thanks. Should I lock the topic?
I help people with the knowledge I acquire by getting helped. Check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaK5oRw4yd7PurBWww9tVhA
Thanks for you answer.

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »
What about the green, orange, and red squares under the tree puncher? What are those for?
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:00:54 pm »
They represent the status the use has. You have yellow for regular user, green for moderators and Forge modders, blue for global moderators and orange/red for people part of the Forge team.
If you have a question, please make a thread on the designated board. PMs with questions will be ignored!

1.7.10 and older version for Minecraft are no longer supported. Update to the latest version if you want help.

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 01:57:10 am »
What about the number of squares? I have three, some other people have two, four, five, one... What does the amount of squares represent?
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 02:17:21 am »
They are just a visual indication of how much the user has done for the community. However, sometimes they are fixed for a certain status. The (global) moderators and people of the Forge team aways have 5 squares, and Forge modders always have 3.

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:46 am »
So I will never get to 4?
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 02:56:07 am »
As long as you have the Forge modder status, you don't. But, let's say you go to a regular user, you might get 2.

Then again, they are not impacting anything other than that people can see how much you have posted.

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 03:07:26 am »
So how did you get 4?
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 04:59:23 am »
I have more than 2000 posts, I have a karma of more than 350 and I have received more than 250 "Thank You". I don't know if this factors in (probably not), but I'm also a moderator on 2 boards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:01:31 am by larsgerrits »

Offline TheSunCat

• Forge Modder
  • Diamond Finder
  • Thank You

• "I will not be new!"

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 02:40:31 pm »
How do you get moderator? I am not trying to get 4 squares, I am happy with my 3... I just made this topic so that other people can see what these mean...
Thanks for you answer.

Online larsgerrits

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
There are very few moderators, and it isn't something you just can "get". I got asked to be a moderator because I was online a lot, and they were in need of more on those boards.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Close
Please register or Login to join in on the community!