Mod works in IDE but not as a jar after building??

Cleverpanda

I'm kinda at a loss of how to tackle this one..

I can run my mod in eclipse in all of the versions iv'e made it for and it works as intended.

When I build it with gradle (It looks to be buiding the correct src folder) and run it on an instance of minecraft NOT in my IDE, I'll get things like my items don't exist in game, or they do exist but they don't drop from what they're supposed to.

any ideas as to what this could be?

I'm currently trying to clear my bin folder with the compiled class files and recompile and see if I get different results when I run but now Eclipse won't build my mod??

Okay. Like I said,I don't know what part of the code you'd like to see, since it works perfectly in Eclipse, so here's the github:

https://github.com/cleverpanda/BirdsNests I've got MC versions as branches.

I've ran all the jars on another client on a separate computer in my house, and in all the versions, the mod initializes and the item is registered and appears in the creative menu. It is supposed to also drop from leaves, but what it looks like is happening is it spawns in and then the game removes it in the same frame, because i can see a flash of the texture as it pops out but it does not make it to the inventory.

Once again, everything works fine in Eclipse...?

I realize this isn't the problem, but...

https://github.com/cleverpanda/BirdsNests/blob/master/src/main/java/panda/birdsnests/HarvestLeafEventHandler.java#L15

Why do you have that field? It's never used.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1.1 currently.

Initial release just two days ago (Because I /thought/ it was fully functional; it was in testing) and a server bugfix. Once I fix this current issue, I'll go back through and clean code and look for optimizations.

Still no ideas? I'm unable to get anything else useful to solving the issue still

1.1 currently

1.1 as in older than 1.6?

Or 1.1 as in "that's the same decimal value as 1.10"?

(Hint, it's not)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Oh gosh..*facepalm* I though he meant my internal mod version.... As in "what mod version is this that you still havent cleaned up your code??" dummy.

The problem affects all the versions as far as I can tell.

Using the current recommended builds of forge for all of them

Have you declared which Forge version each mod version is allowed to run under?

When you ran SP outside of Eclipse, did you create a brand new world to test each version?  Forged worlds tend not to travel well between mc versions (blocks get scrambled and items disappear).

The next step would be to focus on mc 1.10 and describe one symptom in greater detail, providing the log file (in spoiler tags).

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.