Why all the security questions in the forums?

llanita

I'm very new to minecraft, I've only been playing for about two weeks.  Trying to join this forum is like taking a top level exam.

I have no idea who Lex is or what his full nickname is. I googled it and I got Alexei or Aleksei, neither of which worked.

Luckily I got a different question about some exploding green monster which I googled and got an accurate answer for.

Then posting a question in the forums again I get security questions.

Does this happen all the time?

I also read all the info we're supposed to read before posting or we will get banned'

This is not a very welcoming forum, very forbidding indeed.

Just my two cents

Well, you could say that it might be discouraging, but main purpose for it is to not allow bots.

As to Lex (Lexmanos) - it is the question about CREATOR of Forge (one of them) - kinda must-know stuff.

As to bans - it is just a policy (I think) that basically says - don't ask stupid questions, most of them are alredy answered in some FAQ I guess.

Also - warm welcome from me, have fun in MC. :)

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Wellcome to the Minecraft Community (more specific, the Forge one), I hope you enjoy here.

Lex (Lexmanos) is one of the creators of Forge (another famous one is CPW), they are both really cool and do awesome stuff!

The read before posting is needed, the amount of crash reports that could've solved if they read the EAQ is big, and the amount of people who don't post the logs are even bigger. In simple terms: just to make life a bit easier to those who help solve problems.

Creating Potatium Craft, please wait.

For a better (and yet poor explanation of my WIP mod, go to: Potatium Craft Overview )