[1.7.10] Packet larger then expected.

Rhendak

Hello all,

I'm just trying to set up a simple server for me and my friend to play together at home. However, my server crashes with several mods.

I'm using a clean install of a forge server and it crashes as soon as I add the following mods:

- Mekanism-1.7.10-8.1.9.265

I've tried looking into the logs but I couldn't really find anything that made much sense to me. Maybe someone can run a test for me with this and tell me why it crashes and how I could solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Did you not read the big red text at the top of the site's home page telling you to post your FML log? We can't help you without seeing the log, so upload it to Gist and link it here.

The Modder Support section is for help developing mods. The Support section is for help using mods. Your thread should be moved there shortly.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

First of all, apologies for the post being in the wrong section, I thought the other section was only for unmodded forge servers.

I managed to solve the errors with mods listed earlier, currently it's only mekanism causing the server to crash.

Here is a link to the server log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f92cdc032ea0e1d25996c2b162445e0c

Thanks in advance for the help.

The mod ExtraUtilities (Extra Utilities) requires mod versions [ForgeMultipart@[1.2.0.336,)] to be available

But ExtraUtilities is running fine and doesn't crash the server. Only when I add mekanism to the mod list, the server crashes. Without it (this meaning ExtraUtilities is still in there) it runs fine.

Welp, that was weird.. I managed to solve it by updating that mod (still don't understand how that related to mekanism). Thanks for the tip :)

However, now upon connecting to the server, I receive the following error: http://i.imgur.com/QLwueDi.jpg

Clientside log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9dffb13f42ac6a85ae162b8c28875ee3

Any idea what's causing this and how I can solve it?

This does not seem to occur on a clean server.

I downgraded my server to the recommended version of Forge, which allowed me to play about 5 minutes on the server, before getting disconnected with the same error. Rebooted the server, tried connecting again, still the same error.

Ok I'm removing mods one by one from both client and server now, here's what I found out so far:

• When I had the error and remove a mod from both sides, then connect to the server again, I still receive the error directly upon connecting.
  • When I delete the world on the server after removing a mod from both sides, it lets me connect to the server again and it takes about 5 minutes before I get the error again.

[01:07:34] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Attempting connection with missing mods [AM2-Preloader] at CLIENT

Would this be the cause?

Feel free to PM Me.

---( :P )---

Edward: Don't die! Say something!

Tom: Something.

**Tom died.

Edward: Noooooooooooooooooo!