Forge 1.8 Textures being Erased

Hi. I used to use a very old version of Forge, and it worked just fine, but I wanted to update and use mods that finally updated so I could use all the features that Minecraft came out with. Unfortunately, I'm having texture issues.

I have no mods or resource packs/textures installed. My textures are all Vanilla, and I have no mods installed as of yet.

When I go into creative using the latest version of Forge, 11.14.3.1487, most of the textures appear to be missing or are odd particles. This does not happen when I log into Minecraft without Forge.

Pictures:

40517ea0c2a91e8b0116d76963bc10f3.png

0c7751128a7d232c805994a28ea2bff2.png

10a374336c336317062e332848f492f8.png

At first I thought it was mods I had installed causing issues, but once I uninstalled Minecraft, reinstalled, reinstalled Forge, and didn't add any mods, I realized it has to do with Forge itself. When I log in normally without my forge profile, all these items and textures show up flawlessly. Whenever I go on my Forge Profile, things like this happens. I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling several times, and I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit:

Here you can see a lot of butchering as I try to do stuff in creative mode

a6b9b5c3cf33c1d65f7526c00cfb62c6.png

Try disabling the new splash screen, I suspect your graphics card doesn't like it:

Set the

enabled

flag to

false

in

config/splash.properties

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Post your graphics card info (forge logs this is the logs folder) you're probably on that one damp driver that doesn't like multithreading on macs -.- but yes disabling the new splash screen will fix it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Try disabling the new splash screen, I suspect your graphics card doesn't like it:

Set the

enabled

flag to

false

in

config/splash.properties

I'll definitelly try this now. I may have to look up how to do that. Do I go into a file or can I just do it from the splash screen for Minecraft?

Post your graphics card info (forge logs this is the logs folder) you're probably on that one damp driver that doesn't like multithreading on macs -.- but yes disabling the new splash screen will fix it.

I'm toting an old 2008 Aluminum Case MacBook, so this graphics card is at least that old, a GeForce 9400M.

Edit: The file was easy to find and it worked. Thank you very much!

If you ever decide you want to sell your old laptop I would love to grab it, so i can deal with this bug in a test bed that actually reproduces it.

But glad that this fixed it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon