[SOLVED] [1.8] Override ItemRenderer Help

EverythingGames

Can this interface, when implemented, be used to render the arm while holding an item? I looked at the methods and I am a bit confused at what this interface is purposely for, I haven't really heard of this before. Sorry if I was unclear, and thanks so much for the reply, I haven't had much help on this subject.

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]

Instead of making the arm a part of my model, how would I go about stopping the arm from de-rendering when an item is held? This is done in the vanilla map, as the player is holding the map with the hands rendered both right and left. I know how to translate / rotate / scale the arm in first person, I just need to know how to "keep" the arm when I am holding my item.

Let's go back to what you said earlier - to render the arm with your model. My model is a .json item model, I need the arm to be rendered with it so that it appears the player is holding the item. Is this even possible with a .json model? Should I revert to techne and draw the model using regular code? It seems so simple, yet its not.

Here's what I've tried:

public class NewItemRenderer implements IFlexibleBakedModel
{

//Yes
@Override
public boolean isAmbientOcclusion() 
{
	return true;
}

//Yes
@Override
public boolean isGui3d() 
{
	return true;
}

@Override
public boolean isBuiltInRenderer() 
{
	return false; //Built In Renderer?
}

@Override
public TextureAtlasSprite getTexture() 
{
	return null; //Icon texture but 3D in first person?
}

@Override
public ItemCameraTransforms getItemCameraTransforms() 
{
	return null; //Cannot return Transform Type?
}

@Override
public List<BakedQuad> getFaceQuads(EnumFacing side) 
{
	return null; //Return?
}

@Override
public List<BakedQuad> getGeneralQuads() 
{
	return null; //Return?
}

@Override
public VertexFormat getFormat()
    {
	return null; //Return?
}

}

I really appreciate your help!

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample/tree/master/src/main/java/minecraftbyexample

MBE14 and MBE15

Without GOOD knowledge of Java and minecraft model system itself it will take some time till you can do good with it. Even if you are good - this thing will take hours of testing to learn. (as always - look vanilla implementation). + Learn tesselator.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Knowing Java isn't the problem, I have that knowledge. Rendering on the other hand is something I need to learn more, rather a lot more, I myself am better with more functionality in code rather than the output in-game (rendering). Anyway, I really want this arm rendered with my model so bad!

Thanks everyone for the help, I'm just going to wait for the next Minecraft update, as they said they are majorly refactoring their code (probably removing obfuscated methods, params, etc.). Plus they are working on the rendering of a left hand so they must've cleared up the rendering code there. Nevertheless, I'll figure it out some way or another, again thanks for all the help, I'm going to close the topic by locking it and marking it as solved.