An idea for a Minecraft Mod + Android App, IF its even possible...

GioSerpo

For quiet some time now, I have had this idea, and personally, I'm not sure how to go about doing it, or if its even possible. So I'll start with the Android App part of things. (Note, I've not got a very unique idea about gameplay) So to start off, I'm guessing the App and it's Mod would need to communicate somehow, That's where I lose all hope, as, I'm not sure if I could, say, get a list of players on a server that has said mod, sent to the app. Anyway, I'll post the whole idea and see where it goes from there.

So, The app gameplay (unless someone can come up with something more original) would be, at first, similar to starting in the popular facebook game, Farmville. It'd have its differences, it would be more grid based, AND it would have layers. Like the surface, then if you "dig" in a spot, you get a hole that is as deep as it is long and wide, 1 unit. Also, instead of having a set amount of water, you have to "dig" one unit cubed, which would cost energy (I'll get into in a second) but at the same time, the 1 unit cubed hole you just dug, can be used to put a bucket of water. To get said bucket of water, just go to the water and "fill" your bucket (you automatically have the bucket). So, then you can put plots to grow stuff on each unit, up to 4 from the water, in each direction. After yo get your plots, you can plant seeds (any Vanilla Minecraft plantable food, and maybe a few modded ones). If i were level 1, I would only be able to plant a certian food (probably wheat), and would have to unlock others as I leveled up. Leveling up would work A LOT more similar to Farmville... If you plant something, you get XP, if you harvest something, you get XP, and so on... Then there is crafting. Very similar to the FARMVILLE crafting, except with rare Minecraft items, like saddles. A lot of modded goodies, that can only be obtainible in certain ways, could become obtainible through this app/mod combo. The energy system ties in with digging, and crafting, and thats it. No energy loss for planting or harvesting things. Okay, so this whole digging thing, What is it about? Well to find things to craft items.

Now, I may have you thinking "Okay, so this seems like another farmville... How could it work with Minecraft?" Well, I am going to answer that. Once you reach level 5 or so, in the App, you get the option to browse servers that A. Have the companion mod, and B, Are online, and finally C, Have at least one player in them. Once you find one that you like (or if you know a specific one, that the person you want to help is in) You can connect to it. Then you choose the person you want to help, you can choose between 1-3 people, depending on your level in the app. After you have done that, you can load your inventory in the app, and (it will detect what can and can't be sent to the current player, like, if you were trying to send a lemon, but Forestry wasn't installed, or whatnot) send something from your inventory to your selected minecraft player.

Okay, that was a bit of a long post, so for those that dislike reading, basically, a farmville like phone app that can be used to give special items to a minecraft player on PC. So, what do you guys think, possible, if so, anyone wanna help. If not, well... i tried xD