Weenie Stain

I'm being told by my sources to wait for 1.8.2, and we're still waiting for modders to uptake 1.8. And 1.8.1 isnt really that many important bug fixes. So ya, probably wont be one. Unless someone else wants to do the grunt work on updating the mappings :P

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ya saw that one coming.

Someone people forget that I do talk to Mojang :P

Gunna spend tonight and see how bad it'll be updating MCP.

After MCP it's FG, then FML, then Forge.

We'll see.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The ship mod is only on 1.7.10, they havent even started updating to 1.8 from the looks of it.

But as for Forge's progress, i'm waiting on one crucial thing to be written for 1.8.0 for me before I update. {The guy I have writing it is taking some time, but he is worth it and it's a fairly crucial class}

Also working on the necessary prework needed for merging the two git repositories into one project so there is no more distinction between Forge and FML.

Also fixing up our internal tools to respect and manage the new changes that mojang did to the obfuscation.

Also working with mumphry and the sponge team for mixins. Assessing the feasibility of switching to them in lieu of some source patches to make life easier.

And a few other things, and getting ready for pax.

1.8.3 is not a major update its mainly bug fixes and modder/forge facing changes. So it shouldn't be an issue as long as mods update to 1.8, they should have a super easy time updating to 1.8.3 when I release it.

• 5 weeks later...

Again 1.8.3 ISN'T that important. However yes I know it needs to be done.

However A LOT of things need to be done before it namely AbrarSyed needs to finish his re-world of ForgeGradle so that things are possible to work.

1.8.3 changed a lot of things regarding obfuscation so that we as modders will receive better code to work with.

I still need to go in and do that. I'm also taking this time while Abrar is working {Note hes both a student and has a full time job so its taking him a while} to cleanup some of the internals of Forge get bugs fixed etc.

cpw is working on squashing some old things as well as designing new features.

Again however, 1.7->1.8 is the major hurdle most modders are still trying to work through. 1.8->1.8.3 SHOULD be a lot simpler for them.

So let modders get to 1.8, and when the time is right 1.8.3 will happen. Trust me I am trying to get it going but Abrar is the one working on FG not me.