Server won't start properly (1.7.10, FML 1208)

Armaerafaen

So this is weird- I was able to get my client updated to 1208, and it runs just fine. But trying to get the server working isn't happening- it won't start any more- or rather, it's crashing while starting.

I'd link to a crash log somewhere else, but, it's not very long (35ish lines) since it didn't even start. This is what I've got:

[20:02:08] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.10.25.1208 for Minecraft 1.7.10 loading
[20:02:08] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, version 1.7.0_60, running on Windows 7:x86:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
[20:02:08] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java classpath at launch is \\BMD_SERVER\Mirror\_Personal\Games\Game Files and Mods\minecraft\forge\forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar
[20:02:08] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java library path at launch is C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16;d:\Programs\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\bin;.
[20:02:08] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Enabling runtime deobfuscation
[20:02:08] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at \\BMD_SERVER\Mirror\_Personal\Games\Game Files and Mods\minecraft\forge\. for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:190) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:23) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
[20:02:08] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:190) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:23) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar:?]

I'm stumped. I tried wiping the directory, using the installer, starting the vanilla server, closing the vanilla server, fixing the EULA, and then rerunning the FML server, but that's all the log I get from it. So there's no mods or anything in it so far.

It's weird, because up 'til this morning, I had 1199 working just fine, with mods and everything. I was just trying to update Forge so I could use the new updates from teamCOFH.

The server is a different computer than the one I play the client on, but no- I always start the installer and everything else from the computer that is supposed to be the server.

I'm not sure why it looks like a network path in the URI error, there, nor how I could fix it. Is there a configuration somewhere that I can access?

Fair enough. And I get where you're coming from- I just don't know why it's doing that.

My setup: I have three computers. Two clients, one server. I'm always careful to run the game or server from the physical box it's installed on. All three boxes are running windows 7.

I had everything set up running 1199, but some new stuff came out from teamCOFH, and I wanted to upgrade.

The clients were straightforward- ran the installer, replaced the mods, and they start and run just fine. They can do single player without crashes.

The server just won't start any more. I've tried wiping the folder and reinstalling on it using the installer, running the server, correcting the EULA, and then running the forge jar, as I said above, but it's still just giving me the same error.

Is there really nowhere I can go in the files to somehow correct the path to D:\ instead of \\BMD_SERVER\ ?

Right now I'm going through the motions of wiping and reinstalling with 1199 just to see if there's something else going on.

Thanks for checking my logs, by the way. I appreciate it.

I really wonder if I'm missing a step somewhere in the install- it is just 'run installer, run vanilla, correct EULA, run vanilla, run forge' right?

Ah, okay.

Tried it, and it doesn't even get far enough to generate the EULA. Still seems to be treating the local drive as if it were a network drive.

What the balls :(

edit:

Ran Windows Update, installed the most recent update, rebooted the computer, and now everything's working. What the HELL that had to do with ANYTHING I don't know... but it's working now.

Thanks for being so helpful though!