Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Author Topic: Rules and EAQ - READ FIRST OR YOU WILL GET BANNED!!!  (Read 4671197 times)

Related Topics

Subject / Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2013, 12:27:10 am
by LexManos
7 Replies
Last post December 25, 2013, 09:01:44 am
by LexManos
1 Replies
Last post May 27, 2014, 06:51:31 pm
by LexManos
0 Replies
Last post June 06, 2014, 12:56:34 pm
by xxroltsxx
4 Replies
Last post February 01, 2015, 05:25:54 am
by Lilbunnygirl

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  •   - Given: 18
  •   - Receive: 142
    • View Profile
    • OvermindDL1's Empty Main Server
Rules and EAQ - READ FIRST OR YOU WILL GET BANNED!!!
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:59 am »
  • There is an installer for 1.6.x versions and above of Forge. USE IT, it will solve 80% of all your problems. Do not use the universal install.
  • Failure to comply with the rules in this EAQ means your thread will be locked.
  • DO NOT ask for help with any version besides the latest MC version. If you are using a modpack, please ask your modpack maker (FTB/Technic/whatever)
  • No two problems are alike. DO NOT post in an existing thread if you have the same problem, make a new one.
  • Support for legacy versions of MC and Forge will not be offered. Instructions in this thread is all you'll get, if not you're on your own.

Things to do before you post:
  • THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM FOR FML/FORGE, AND ONLY FML/FORGE. Go to a mod specific forum (whether on this site or another) to ask for help with a certain mod. If you are using MCPC+/Cauldron, do not post here, post in the MCPC/Cauldron support forum.
  • DO NOT ASK FOR HELP WITH FORGE MULTIPART, IT IS NOT A COMPONENT OF FORGE. Go here for FMP help.
  • This is a support forum for players, not for modders needing help with code. Modders go to the Modder Support forum.
  • Search for your issue (the first line of the stack trace is a good start).
    When you do post, your post will have possibly related topics listed above it, check those too. DO NOT REPLY to those threads.
  • If you think you have found a bug, please retry with the latest forge build available from http://files.minecraftforge.net before posting here.
  • Read the "Common Problems and Solutions" section below.
  • If you need help writing a bug report/support request, go here: http://vazkii.us/br101/
  • Make sure you have not installed either ModLoader or MCPatcher (use Optifine instead)
  • If the top line of your error log does not contain net.minecraftforge.whatever or cpw.mods.fml.something, the reason is most likely not Forge, it's an issue with the mod you're using.
Below is a list of things which you MUST include in your post.
  • Be sure to include the entire logs/fml-{client/server}-latest.log (1.7.2 and up) resp. ForgeModLoader-{client/server}-0.log (pre 1.7.2). Both found in your .minecraft-folder / server root folder. Not including the log in no way helps us to help you and has a small chance of getting you banned.
  • State clearly the order in which you installed any .jar mods and their versions and if you used a patcher/launcher and which one
  • State what research you have already done (You should have done some, this forum is only for well-researched bugs!).
  • If you mention anything about a cracked client for any reason, you get a free warning, maybe even a ban.
  • Do not speak about any mod that is stupid enough to edit base files without using Forge that, as such, is incompatible with Forge.
  • Use the Spoiler tag to enclose stack traces and other long information ( [spoiler]Put long text here[/spoiler] ). Do not use hidden tags, it's a nuisance.
  • Do not attach your logs to your post, either by Dropbox or whatever. Use Pastebin or http://gist.github.com
  • In general give as much information as you can. "It does not work", "I get a black Screen", etc. in no way helps us to help you and will only cause you to get in trouble. :)
The new minecraft launcher will work just fine for 1.6 and above. If you need to use 1.5.2 and below use MultiMC
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:39:21 pm by diesieben07 »

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Common problems and solutions - 1.6 and above
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 02:41:31 am »
Common Problems and Solutions:
  • java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: ******** : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 or 52.0 - Use Java 8. NOT 7 or even 6.
  • java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space: Update to Java 8 or increase your PermGen Space with the following command line argument: -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
  • java.lang.NullPointerException with com.pclewis.mcpatcher.mod.something: For the love of god, don't use MCPatcher. Use OptiFine instead.
  • If you can't run the installer and are on Windows, try Jarfix first. Download it, and run it. If you're using the .exe ones, DISABLE YOUR 3RDPARTY ANTIVIRUS and try running the installer again.
  • java.lang.NoSuchMethodFoundException: ModLoader.something; Update Forge. Post here if it still crashes. This is EXPECTED in 1.7 as 1.7 builds of Forge are no longer ModLoader compatible.
  • This version of FML is built for Minecraft a.b.c, we have detected Minecraft x.y.z in your minecraft jar file: Do as it says and get the FML/Forge versions for x.y.z.
  • "You need to run the version X manually once." This means that you have to run VANILLA minecraft (no mods) for the version listed before you can install Forge.
  • These libraries failed to download. Try again. org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2
    Download this: https://bitbucket.org/luacs1998/forgelibrarydownloads/downloads/fmllibs16.zip and extract it to your .minecraft folder, then try running Minecraft, or redownload the installer.
    Otherwise, we will need console logs, and your JVM and OS versions.
  • java.lang.NoClassDefFoundException: net/minecraft/client/something : One of your mods is client only and you're on a dedicated server. Check which ones, and remove them.
  • io.netty.channel.ChannelException: failed to open a new selector: Update to version 10.13.0.1180 or above. Previous versions: Add -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to your VM args.
  • java.lang.ConcurrentModificationException or java.util.ConcurrentModificationException before Minecraft loads: Update forge.
  • java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex
    at java.nio.DirectIntBufferU.get
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal...
    - Lower your view distance.
  • java.net.SocketException or blank dirt screen when connecting to a server: Ensure the client and server configs match.
  • If your text is distorted like seen below (or you have been instructed to do so), disable the loading screen by setting "enabled" to "false" in .minecraft/config/splash.properties.
  • If your main menu background is compressed to a corner, and the rest of the menu is black/white like seen below: Update your Forge to at least 10.13.1.1226 or add -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true to the VM arguments in the launcher.
  • It is highly recommended you run any modded versions in separate folders using the GameDirectory setting in the vanilla launcher. This will store all your save files, configs, mods, etc. in whatever folder you specify (instead of just .minecraft) so they do not interfere with your vanilla installation (or other modded versions you may have installed) and vice versa. To set it, click "Edit Profile" in your launcher and in the settings screen that pops up, modify the "Game Directory" setting (Screenshot).
  • If MagicLauncher tells you there are errors in forge:
    Dont trust MagicLaunchers BS, it lies.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:42:36 pm by diesieben07 »

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Common problems and solutions - 1.5 and below
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »
    Solutions for pre-1.6 problems:
    • If you are using 1.5:
      Download the file you need from https://bitbucket.org/luacs1998/forgelibrarydownloads/downloads/fmllibs152.zip (extract to .minecraft), or re-run your forge installer.
    • java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/jce/provider/BouncyCastleProvider on 1.4.7 and below: Download this: http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/bcprov-jdk15on-147.jar and place in .minecraft/lib.
    • java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: aux (for Windows users only): DO NOT extract the minecraft.jar. Some Windows bug prevents a file from being named aux.class. You'll need to get a proper archive manager (I recommend 7zip) or get a launcher or mod manager.
    • java.lang.NoSuchMethodFoundException: ofCustomFonts - Install Optifine after forge. It already says so in their forum topic.
    • java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field xy.z from class net.minecraftforge.something: Check your minecraft.jar or forge.jar to see if you have the fml_at.cfg and forge_at.cfg files. They are required to allow FML and Forge to work.
    • NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/asm/ASMTransformer: Clean your entire coremods folder.
    This may be expanded on later, make sure to read updates.
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:35:44 am by luacs1998 »

Offline luacs1998

• World Shaper
    • Thank You
    •   - Given: 5
    •   - Receive: 202

• "No longer a servant of the Empire"

• View Profile
      • My blog
    Re: Subforum Rules and EAQ - Read this or you may get banned.
    « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:30:52 am »
    Merged with the EAQ.
    Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

Quote from: cpw
    This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline luacs1998

• World Shaper
    • Thank You

• View Profile
      • My blog
    Re: Rules and EAQ - READ FIRST or you WILL get banned.
    « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:24 am »
    Updated.

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Offline luacs1998

• World Shaper
    • Thank You

• View Profile
      • My blog
    « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:06 am »
    Updated to reflect more common issues today.

www.forgeessentials.com

Offline luacs1998

• World Shaper
    • Thank You

• View Profile
      • My blog
    « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 07:09:02 am »
    Made it slightly easier to read.

www.forgeessentials.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
    Close
    Please register or Login to join in on the community!