How to add mods to workspace?

LaughingJackalMC

is that just the jar form? sorry im a noob!

Obfuscation means that it isn't easy for human to read it.  So yes the JAR contains Java code but if it is obfuscated there won't be any nice comments or formatting, and all the field and method names will be changed to something that doesn't make obvious sense.  If you have a method called initializeMyBlock() when it is obfuscated it might be called m23438_b().

That is generally what obfuscation means.  Specifically for Minecraft modding the issue is that mods will call vanilla code and Minecraft vanilla code is normally obfuscated.  In Forge environment, thanks to the work of MCP, we can call vanilla methods with names that make sense (e.g. worldObj.isRemote), but in actual Minecraft it needs to call the obfuscated method (e.g. f2434356_b.f243435_b). 

So basically the mod will work in the Forge environment if it is calling the vanilla methods based on their deobfuscated names.

At least that is how I understand it.  I'm a noob too...

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

• 6 years later...

I'm sorry for necroposting... But how to add some obfuscated mod to 1.14+ workspace?

CodeChickenCore ceased releasing in 1.10 because Forge(or ForgeGradle or anything else) became able to work with obfucated mods out of the box. But it ceased work in 1.14.

Any ideas?

Edited by hohserg