This is mainly a bug fix between the previous release. 1.7.2 Forge is fairly stable and we are waiting for Mojang to stabelize there rleases before working on updating to anything beyond 1.7.2. Lets see what happens when they release 1.7.10
There is one MAJOR bug fix in this version, that everyone should be aware of.
There was a bug in cpw's implementation of the Block registry assignments that potentially caused mod blocks to overlap with vanilla items.
This has been corrected, however it is advised to backup all worlds if you've encountered this issue before updating.
If the game detects this issue it will backup your world for you, before upgrading, but it's always good to be safe.
For those who don't know, I and many others in the Minecraft community have been away the last week for PAX East, and I personally will be away for another week.
I am working the Anime convention Sakuracon, up in Seattle Washington this weekend.
I wanted to get this bug fix release out to you guys in the time between conventions so you wouldn't have to wait.
Anyways... Enjoy!Minecraft Forge 10.12.1 Changelog:
Updated to Minecraft 1.7.2.
- New event for rendeirng the player's hand
- Added Ore Dictionary entries and recipe replacements for Diamond, Emerald, Crops, Redstone, and Glowstone
- Made StructureVillagePieces.Village public
- Upgraded to ForgeGradle 1.2, Fixed Fernflower, and preliminary MCP data snap support
- Add position to BreakSpeed event
- Advanced Model Loader available server-side for data driven models
- New hook to truely seperate the display of the 'durability' bar from the current / max durability. Allowing modders to control that display easier.
- New ItemStack sensitive version of Item.getAttributeModifiers
- New ANIMALS type to PopulateChunkEvent.Populate Custom providers should call this function if they spawn animals during population
- New AnvilUpdateEvent which is fired when a user places a item in both input slots of a Anvil and allows modders to control the output
- Added hooks related to the new SoundSystem in 1.7
- Fixed Array error caused by Enderman picking up some mod blocks
- Fixed Fluid Registry containsFluid call
- Fixed forced chunk ticket loading on world load
- Fixed potential world leak with Fake Players
- Fixed off by one in SpawnerAnimals
- Fixed player data being deleted by login/startup race condition
- Fixed items with color rendering incorrectly
- Fixed items rendering with the incorrect icon on multiple render passes
- Delayed keybinding loading to correclty load Mod Keys
- Fixed Stincil Buffer support in the new Shader system
- Fixed placing doors in worlds that do not use the standard world height
- Fixed potential race condition in FluidRegistry.loopupFluidForBlock
- MAJOR: Fixed issue with FML's BlockRegistry that cuased overlapping block and item ids
- Fixed potential infinite loop in RecipeSorter