Adding enchantments to an item when crafted [SOLVED]

KaikonX

I created a sword and I wanted it to permanently have a Sharpness enchantment(like in the twilight forest mod) Initially I used this:

public void onCreated(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
    par1ItemStack.addEnchantment(Enchantment.sharpness, 4);

At first everything looked OK but then I realized that if you remove the item from the output slot for the crafting table using shift it doesn't get enchanted :( Any solutions?

Try in the recipe its self.

I don't know if this works or not (haven't tried it) but try this! :)

private ItemStack item;

item = new ItemStack(YOUR ITEM);
item.addEnchantment(Enchantment.sharpness, 4);
GameRegistry.addRecipe(item, new Object[] {"D", "D", "S", 'S', Items.stick, 'D', Blocks.planks});

Former developer for DivineRPG, Pixelmon and now the maker of Essence of the Gods

hey i may be asking a stupid question but why are you adding an enchantment of sharpness (Each level separately adds 1.25 extra damage (0.625 hearts) to each hit) when your making a mod, couldnt you just ass the respective increase in damage to your item? and add the lore "Enchantment: Sharpness" to the weapon the user wouldnt know the difference

hey i may be asking a stupid question but why are you adding an enchantment of sharpness (Each level separately adds 1.25 extra damage (0.625 hearts) to each hit) when your making a mod, couldnt you just ass the respective increase in damage to your item? and add the lore "Enchantment: Sharpness" to the weapon the user wouldnt know the difference

Only if you want to let the user enchant the item further upon your added effect (on the enchantment table of course).

If you don't want that, or you want the user to be able to "disenchant" your item (possible by repairing the item on the workbench rather than on the anvil), use The_SlayerMC's suggestion.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.