GUI questions

Firecrystal

So I've so far been using Forge for my mod, because it allows for a whole lot of stuff to be done without modding base classes, and has quite a few impressive mods using it.

The only problem I'm having is with the gui API, and the handlers in general. Is there some kind of documentation for how to use all these IWhateverHandler interfaces? As for the gui, vanilla Minecraft can open those easily using functions attached to the player, so why isn't there a function on EntityPlayer that I can pass a GuiScreen instance to and have it opened, instead of creating whole new classes just to implement the confusing interface? Is it something to do with SMP, or a security issue, or just some strange tenet of coding etiquette?

The ID is mod-specific, So I recommended something along the line of 1 for your first ID, possible 2 for your second.. and I know it may seem crazy, but bare with me for a second, 3 for the third one!

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Entity IDs are only used for the MobSpawner egg things, and the MobSpawner blocks when playing SMP, so they are sorta unique. If you use Forge's entity hooks yes, its the same entity ids are unique to mods.

As for tileEntities... those don't have ID's they are part of the block.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Entity IDs are only used for the MobSpawner egg things, and the MobSpawner blocks when playing SMP, so they are sorta unique. If you use Forge's entity hooks yes, its the same entity ids are unique to mods.

As for tileEntities... those don't have ID's they are part of the block.

Cool, since i use forge then i don't have to worry about conserving Entity IDs

You sure, when registering the tileEntity it wants an ID. Also how do you register the gui id i can't seem to find a tutorial on it. Though my gui's seem to be working.