'You must run the version 1.7.2 manually at least once'

Diffeomorphism

I read the EAQ, and this specific error was included. However, I am currently running 1.7.4. I know of no way to patch to 1.7.2. I have never run 1.7.2, as I have not played in almost a year and only just updated today. I therefore have no 1.7.2 version listed in the version editor. I am using vanilla minecraft - deleted my .minecraft folder in Appdata and deleted the .exe, redownloaded it from the official site and re-updated just to be sure, but also used vanilla profile before the wipe. I am using the latest version of the Forge .jar from files.minecraftforge.net. I continue to get the error. I would post logs but there are none to post (it's not that I can't find them, it's just that none are generated).

Is there a way that I might be able to patch to 1.7.2? Am I just missing something obvious and being completely stupid? Please let me know either way.

Hi

This link shows how to do it for 1.6.4, it's the same for 1.7.2 except you select 1.7.2 instead of 1.6.4.

You can also change the "Game directory" (the top option in edit profile) to put your save games etc in a different spot, which will prevent your 1.7.2 saves from getting mixed up with the newer ones.

-TGG

• 1 month later...

In the bottom left corner of the Launcher you have the profile section. Create a new profile and select 1.7.2 as a version.

I tried installing Forge 1.7.4 first and it said to run 1.6.4 manually first.  I thought that meant to run/install 1.6.4 Forge first, not run Minecraft 1.6.4 first.  So I tried installing 1.6.4 Forge and then then 1.7.4 Forge afterwards.  Then I copied RivalRebels Mod into the Mods folder and left the folder named as is and tried changing the extension to .zip.  Neither worked.  I load Minecraft Forge 1.7.2 and the screen opens with a black background and then displays a pink box in the top left and bottom right of the window and then crashes.  The log is pasted below.

Thanks all!

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// My bad.

Time: 3/1/14 1:57 PM

Description: Initializing game

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: minecraft:font/glyph_sizes.bin

at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_98306_d(SourceFile:151)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.<init>(SourceFile:89)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:505)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:853)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:103)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: minecraft:font/glyph_sizes.bin

at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110536_a(SourceFile:58)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_98306_d(SourceFile:148)

... 10 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_98306_d(SourceFile:151)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.<init>(SourceFile:89)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:505)

-- Initialization --

Details:

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:853)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:103)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.7.2

Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.8.5

Java Version: 1.6.0_65, Apple Inc.

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.

Memory: 56670088 bytes (54 MB) / 126799872 bytes (120 MB) up to 1065025536 bytes (1015 MB)

JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v9.01-pre FML v7.2.125.1034 Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1034 5 mods loaded, 0 mods active

mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)

FML{7.2.125.1034} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.2-10.12.0.1034.jar)

Forge{10.12.0.1034} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.2-10.12.0.1034.jar)

RodolRivalRebels{1.6.4} [Rival Rebels] (RivalRebels)

RodolRivalRebels{1.6.4} [Rival Rebels] (RivalRebels.zip)

Launched Version: 1.7.2-Forge10.12.0.1034

LWJGL: 2.9.1

OpenGL: Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 INTEL-8.16.74, Intel Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Resource Packs: []

Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

• 2 months later...

I have through 1.7.9 installed, but despite changing my profile to use 1.7.2, and even creating a new profile just for Forge (again set to 1.7.2) I'm still getting this message.  If it matters, I'm using a non-traditional game folder (within my Google Drive folder).